PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL problem

Hades
07-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi,

Since the update I have problems with the postgreSQL. I get the error 127.0.0.1. I have disable my firewall and virus scanner. The same error always. I using windows xp. Before never had a problem.

Thx

morny
07-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Please try this http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=34 if you get the error again

Hades
07-23-2008, 04:02 AM
I'll all ready try this. I do not have the C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\data -> postmaster.pid file but I delete the postmaster.opts file.
I get the same error.

morny
07-23-2008, 08:50 AM
In the above link when you get to Services what is in the status column for PostgreSQL when you open it first? If its stopped does right clicking and choosing start work and if not does it give another error.

Is your username and password correct, has HM ever worked for you or is this something that broke after it used to work?

When do you get this error?
with windows xp 64 bit you need to run dbcontrolpanel.exe manually from the holdem manager folder if your getting this error.

Hades
07-25-2008, 12:46 PM
I get the error that says the service has started and than stopped automatique if the service have nothing to do. (firewall is disable and to try I have uninstall virus scanner, same problems)

I run holdemmanager for a month or 2. Never had problem.
This problem came when I installed the latest update.

I don't run de windows xp 64 bit version.

morny
07-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Ok ill ask Roy to have a look and in the meantime if you can update to the latest version here and see if that makes a difference: http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdatex.exe

Rvg72
07-26-2008, 01:34 AM
Hi, the update definitely did not cause this - the actual service has stopped working. Can you undelete that postmaster.ops file you deleted? Is it still in the recycling bin? You do need that file.

If you go into your Windows Control Panel - Admin Tools - Event Viewer and look for application events with errors for Postgres, what do the details say?

Roy