PDA

View Full Version : PS System Chat Info Being Auto Archived

Pakman
12-30-2010, 04:45 AM
1.11.05e
Vista 32b
Norton Internet Security

Why all of a sudden is the System Chat for info on PS being saved onto my hard drive, and why is HEM auto archiving it?

netsrak
12-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Sorry i don't get it. Does your Stars client create files containing the chat? I guess thats a stars option?

The auto-import just looks for .txt files in the handhistory folder, reads them and moves them to the archive folder. He doesn't check whether its a handhistory or not.

Pakman
12-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Its not any PS option that I know of and tinkered with. I just checked the PS Client and can't find it as an option...

The System Chat being archived are .txt files. Its just all random tourny announcements and other non-sense. All of em just have 1 line and each file is 1KB. I had to delete like 40-50 of em from short session.

I understand that HEM just archive the file rather its HHs or not, but I also don't want a huge amount of these 1 line .txt files clogging up my HHs folder neither.

Is there anything I can do about this?

netsrak
12-31-2010, 06:27 AM
I have no idea where this files come from. I'll forward it to my colleagues.

morny
12-31-2010, 06:59 AM
Can you email stars and ask if this is an option that can be turned off on their end, ive not seen it either. If it is not something they can turn off them well see if we can bypass moving them however this just means instead of clogging up the archive it will clog up the original hh folder so ideally they should allow you to turn it off

Patvs
12-31-2010, 07:30 AM
HoldemManager will archive ALL .txt files in your import folders.

Full Tilt does the same thing.

Instead of polluting the handhistory file, they now write all the “chatter” to a separate file.
For Full Tilt this chatter includes:
Dealer messages: LastAction has 15 seconds left to act
System messages: Triple Points Happy Hour is running right now! Earn TRIPLE Full Tilt Points by playing in any ring game, tournament, or sit & go!
Player messages: alex_starc says; nice hand

In the past these messages would end up in the handhistory file.

---

If PokerStars now does the same, it's not something to worry about.
The chat-text files are harmless.

Pakman
12-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Sorry if I'm being a nuisance. But I have a different question derived from this.

I figured out that the chat history for both FTP / PS are coming from c:\users\me\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data\etc. Didn't have HEM setup to import from this folder(s) until I recently hit the Auto Detect button.

What is that folder for exactly? Do I need it / Can I take it off auto import?

Patvs
12-31-2010, 10:10 AM
I think that folder is used for the pre-fetch on Full Tilt and PokerStars.

If you use prefetch (HUD options--> site options)--> keep the Roaming\HEM Data folder as an auto import folder

Edit: Add C:/Program Files/RVG Software/HoldemManager/Importing/HEM Data as an auto import folder if you use prefetch.