PDA

View Full Version : Transferring HM Questions

Caradd
12-29-2010, 11:13 PM
A little help needed.

#1- I would like to install HM to a new PC. Is there anyway to do it so I can carry over all my existing player/table preferences etc. or must I start with a clean slate and then reconfigure everything.

#2- I will be keeping HM on the original PC also. I believe I saved the original registration code from the initial install. Will that code work to activate the new install?

Thanks

netsrak
12-30-2010, 10:03 AM
#1 FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstalling on a new PC - Backup Tips (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/372/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+Tips)

#2 your license is valid for 2 of your PCs at a time so that is no problem. Just choose PC(2) when you activate HM

Caradd
12-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks for your help. Unfortuantly I now have two other issues.

Downloaded HM to new PC and copied and pasted entire HM folder from old PC. All the settings seem to match however my old DB did not seem to transfer over. Should I just try and copy/paste the DB only over again.

Hud is not working. Table manager shows tables but no import. I tried to follow your sticky advice for Win7 (old PC was XP) however I can't seem to navigate properly to the tabs you refer to for "Run as Admin". I'm likely misunderstanding directions.
My navigation process is: C:drive>Program Files(x86)>RVG Software>Holdem Manager then I right click on that folder, click on properties and am lost from there.

Caradd
12-30-2010, 10:43 PM
I was able to get hud working so the database is the only issue left.

Thanks

netsrak
12-31-2010, 06:18 AM
You can't copy a database directly - it is not located in the HM folders. The database is managed by the Postgresql server.

There are 2 options:
1. Create a backup of the database on PC1 via pgadminIII, copy the backup file to PC2, create a new database in pgadmin on this PC and restore the backup. After this switch HM to the new database (don't use an existing database for the restore!)

2. Copy the handhistory files from PC1 (from the archive folder, default c:\hmarchive) to the new computer and import them via import file or import from folder.