PDA

View Full Version : Issues with importing exported hands into HEM

kickflip252
12-29-2010, 12:16 AM
I have someone that I periodically send hands to that imports the hands into his version of HEM so that we can both look over the hands.

first off, to export the hands, I use this method...

Quick Solution:

Filter for the hands you want exported. Right click a hand in the Hand View and click Export all Hands to Hard Drive.

Detailed Directions:

Click Cash Games or Tourney Tab.

Click on the Hands Tab.

Click the Hand Filter button that's to the right of the Refresh button

In this example we have filtered for a Specific Month. (October 2008)

Click Save

Instead of displaying the "Last 100 Hands", make sure you change this to display All Hands.

Right click any hand and click Export All Hands to Hard Drive.

then he imports the hands, but sometimes the numbers are off.

the hands I'm playing are on GR88 / Merge network

there was one set of hands in particular that wouldn't import because his HEM kept identifying them as duplicate hands.

any ideas?

netsrak
12-29-2010, 06:36 AM
Duplicate means the hands are already in his database - he needs to delete them, rename the files and reimport the hands.

You could also use the original handhistory files which are saved under c:\hmarchive for sending. This would need no export.

kickflip252
12-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Duplicate means the hands are already in his database - he needs to delete them, rename the files and reimport the hands.

You could also use the original handhistory files which are saved under c:\hmarchive for sending. This would need no export.

the duplicate hands message came up the first time he tried to import them.

the thing that was strange is my data base said I had X amount of hands, and his data base said he had (X - 278) where 278 was the exact number of hands I played in the session that wouldn't import and was reported as being duplicate.

one thing we tried to do was delete the entire data base and re-import all hands clean (it was less than 10k hands at the time). the same session of 278 hands still came up that they were duplicate.

netsrak
12-30-2010, 09:53 AM
The duplicate check is done by a unique hand number. So if the import says they are duplicates he detects the same hand number in the database.
Its either a coincidence with hands from another site in his database or duplicate hands itself.

What happens if you import the hands into a new database on your computer?