PDA

View Full Version : Old database data

LeviJ88
05-09-2013, 07:43 PM
I've been messing around with my HUD files in

C:\Users\Levi2\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager

when I came across this other folder;

C:\Users\Levi2\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\Datab ase

it shows my current database "2013DB" and my old database "NewHM2DB" I deleted, (actually i think it was 2 databases ago). I thought to myself, I don't need this. I deleted this folder and I saw the count go insanely high on the windows deleting files popup, thousands of files and gigs of data. I clicked cancel before it was finished.

Right clicking > properties shows some stats for the folders;
NewHM2DB, and deleted months ago, > 212,179 files, 45,612 folders, 8.91GB data.
2013DB, active database, > 139,467 files, 25,478 folders. 7.37GB data.

Do I need this NewHM2DB folder? Seems like its tying up a ton of disc space.

LeviJ88
05-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Looking more closely, each folder is the name of a player. Both database have the majority of the same player folders, and inside same files with same sizes.

The difference in size is, I didn't import my oldest hands from NewHM2DB into 2013DB. This was right around the time that you guys put out an update, or maybe some sort of database upgrade, that made us unable to purge old hands from old databases. I exported most of my new hands and deleted NewHM2DB. I then created 2013DB and imported those hands.

My hypothesis is, that whatever it was you guys did that made us unable to purge hands, it also made HEM unable to delete this folder containing database data when deleting the old database from within HEM that contained these un-purgable HH's.

I have a feeling that every user who experienced this problem, who created new DBs and deleted their old DBs, will all have this hidden massive folder tieing up disc space.

Wow, if this is true and you get the word out, there'll be a lot of happy people with small SSDs.

udbrky
05-10-2013, 12:17 AM
It is best to delete the database via database control panel if you do not want to access it.

That folder should be deleted when you delete databases. I make and delete probably 20+ databases a week and never have these folders stay.