PDA

View Full Version : Installing Omaha manager in addition to holdem manager

tothetopIgo
12-28-2010, 04:14 PM
I just purchased omaha manager and have been using holdem manager for about a year. I have installed the latest update and have tried to install the 15 day trial (so that I can enter my omaha code) and is states that I need to stop the instal to avoid overwriting the previous installation (for holdem). Am I missing something or do I need to overwrite the previous version (I don;t want to erase my previous data). Please advise

Patvs
12-28-2010, 04:48 PM
When you reinstall HoldemManager using the FULL installer: it will only overwrite your HoldemManager settings... and HUD!. It won't interfere with your current database. So you should EXPORT your custom HUD first.

---

But you don't have to reinstall HoldemManager.
You need to delete the current HoldemManager serial---> and replace it with a Holdem + Omaha serial. To do so:

First of all, we need to enable the option to see Hidden Files: How to see hidden files in Windows (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html)
http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/images/hidden.jpg
Problems Registering Holdem Manager:

Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

This is a hidden SYSTEM file. (not just regular hidden files)

Also please try this:

1. Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe
2. Create a new text document in the Config folder and name it LicDebug
3. Open HM and register
4. Close HM and delete the LicDebug.txt file

tothetopIgo
12-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Patv,

I followed your instructions, but after I unhid the files my system locked down access to the app files so I could not change the information:

Delete C:\ProgramData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic (XP Users can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\AppData\XHEO INC\SharedLicenses\HoldemManager.lic)

I finished the rest of the instructions and now I only have omaha manager installed (and not holdem). I am using Windows 7. Does this have an impact?

Patvs
12-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Did you purchase Omaha Manager.... instead of the Omaha upgrade... and you already own HoldemManager??

Email sales@holdemmanager.com and ask for a COMBINED license (Holdem + Omaha). If you add that serial you will have "Holdem + Omaha Manager"

tothetopIgo
12-28-2010, 09:22 PM
I sent the request to sales prior to starting this thread. I could have accidently purchased omaha instead of the upgrade. I used the cr discount and I bought the holdem addition over a year ago so I figured this is the way I need to go. Can you please have sales send this over?

Thanks,

netsrak
12-29-2010, 06:32 AM
Did you receive no reply from sales?
We have no access to your data from here.

wims
02-19-2011, 09:30 PM
So I was about to try out omaha manager, and i cant get it to work no matter how much i mess around with the full install exe, the update exe and deleting the license file. I already own Holdem Manager (nlhe). I should have a 15 day trial for omaha as well right, when i already own the nlhe version? Exactly how should I go about installing omaha manager trial when i already own a license for holdem manager nlhe

netsrak
02-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Omaha Manager and Holdemmanager is exactly the same program with the same functions. Its just a different gametype. So there is no need to install anything new for Omaha Manager.

If you need a Omaha trial please contact sales@holdemmanager.com with your license details.