PDA

View Full Version : backup-problem with handhistories in windows safe mode

pokerblanc
12-27-2010, 09:05 PM
hallo guys,

my OS is absolutely damaged, in such a way that i have to make my backupfile in the windows safe-mode with the commandline-prompt (the other safe-modes didnt work). i tried the advanced backup with the postgres client (pgAdmin3.exe), and received an error after double-clicking on my server "postgreSQL 8.4 (localhost:5432)", which tells "could not resolve hostname localhost" and "no connection could be made to the database".
afterwards i tried to safe my data with the "DBControlPanel.exe"-tool. nearly the same error occured, "the network was inactive during a socketprocess".

can anybody help me how to start the services, i need to access the database, in windows7 safe mode? many THX!!!

netsrak
12-28-2010, 06:13 AM
The postgresql database server is not working without network. I'm not sure about the safe mode but isn't there one with network? This might work.

If not copy the postgresql data folder to a new computer and install the same postgresql version: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstall PostgreSQL Preserving Old Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database)