PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Table on PKR Issue

pazzorilancio
12-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi All,

I couldn't find a recent thread with information from Hold'Em Mangers' devs on this so wanted to ask...

Is there an update as to when the HUD will be available on multi-tabling cash games for PKR? It's pretty poor that it's not really... I imagine there's a good reason but I also imagine there's a way round it? At least I hope so!

Thanks!

Patvs
12-24-2010, 04:17 PM
PKR doesn't allow a HUD on more than 1 table, so HoldemManager is only obeying their EULA/User Agreement.

pazzorilancio
12-24-2010, 05:55 PM
PKR doesn't allow a HUD on more than 1 table, so HoldemManager is only obeying their EULA/User Agreement.

Thanks for that.

Couldn't you let a user choose to enable this though? Surely it's the user that breaks the license if we choose to use it?

Kroolock
12-25-2010, 04:31 AM

is it possible to show (quote) the passage for blind people like me?

whats about the possibility for switching the hud for the aktive table?
(so there is only one HUD showing at a time)
it has been asked in several threads but never got an answer.

Patvs
12-25-2010, 05:55 AM
Thanks for that.

Couldn't you let a user choose to enable this though? Surely it's the user that breaks the license if we choose to use it?

We won't. For the same reason we dropped HM's ability to datamine. If we would let the users choose, PKR will add HoldemManager to their list of banned software.

is it possible to show (quote) the passage for blind people like me?

whats about the possibility for switching the hud for the aktive table?
(so there is only one HUD showing at a time)
it has been asked in several threads but never got an answer.

I believe PKR expressed this to us internally. PKR basically prefers a large pool of fish, and asked HoldemManager to (partially) block some of HM's functionality to scare off multi-tabling sharks and winning players.

Cake does the same but by censoring their handhistories. And Bodog also has now expressed that HoldemManager should STOP development on a internal handgrabber. (but Idleminer didn't stop, so using their handgrabber you can still fully use HM on Bodog)

---

Which brings us to your point of "the possibility for switching the hud for the aktive table?" on PKR. This is something we will try to add and improve.

pazzorilancio
12-25-2010, 06:38 AM
I understand that your hands are tied a bit, but you're not a great sales guy right now! ;) You keep telling us you now can't do this and that... I'm confused why I should carry on using the software. Single tabling means it's got a much reduced long term value, and the restrictions on cake and bodog means to use HM, you have to play on HM compatible sites which is getting smaller and smaller.

I guess the big question is, does the same apply for poker tracker and other competitors?

Sad day today :( oh wait, it's xmas :D

Kroolock
12-25-2010, 07:07 AM
Which brings us to your point of "the possibility for switching the hud for the aktive table?" on PKR. This is something we will try to add and improve.

better news than nothing :)

hope this wont last as long as getting your explanation about PKR and HM above.

btw... whats about HUD in PKR tourneys?
Still not working, no?
Is it also a "special term" from PKR for not banning HM ?

Patvs
12-25-2010, 07:09 AM
The same applies for PokerTracker/PokerOffice.

I know I'm not a great sales guy, I'm a poker player just as interested in these developments as you.

If you only play on PKR and Cake, you simply will not have all functionality of all the HM features, since your HUD will be extremely limited...

And it does work on Bodog. But you will need Idleminer's Handgrabber, always running the risk the Idleminer Handgrabber will suddenly stop working.

pazzorilancio
12-25-2010, 07:14 AM
So the question is, is it worth using no hud and playing on PKR if it is fishier than other sites? Interesting...

What about having one HUD but for the active table as the other poster said, and NOT asking for PKR's permission. If they told you one HUD is allowed, do it that way and wait for them to give their reaction?

Patvs
12-25-2010, 07:19 AM
better news than nothing :)

hope this wont last as long as getting your explanation about PKR and HM above.

btw... whats about HUD in PKR tourneys?
Still not working, no?
Is it also a "special term" from PKR for not banning HM ?

HUD in PKR tournies is still not working.

What PKR's position on poker tracking software is called:
they tolerate it.

But it's very plausible a pokersite can switch their opinion on this. Bodog being an example. I don't think Bodog is very happy that PokerTableRatings bought Idleminer. Since it will attract more sharks.

--

Yes so the question is: will you play on a FISH site, if you can't (or partially can't) use software. And the next question is, will you still buy HoldemManager, if you can only use it to track your winnings, replay hands, see your EV, and analyse stats after you've played a session.

We're working on a way where you can switch the active table. (if you close HoldemManager and use TableManager can't you already pick the active table... it's only really annoying you have to close HoldemManager/TableManager every time... and use TableFinder) http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/ConfiguringTableFinderToShowHUD

Kroolock
12-25-2010, 07:24 AM
HUD in PKR tournies is still not working.

can we expect that you are working on it or is this function on the list of HM's functionality that PKR want to be blocked?

pazzorilancio
12-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Or - What if you could select a table from HEM and it shows a virtual reproduction of the table with what the stats would have been for the last hand? make sense?

newgrassman
12-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Who is PKR?

Sarek
12-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Play online poker in 3D at PKR. Let's play. (http://www.pkr.com/en/)

pazzorilancio
12-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Have we got a time expectancy for the feature of the live table being the active one in the HUD?

morny
12-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Right now i dont have an accurate timescale, there are a good few implementations/bug fixes that were working on and until we figure out how long they will take we cant really determine how long it will take

pazzorilancio
12-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Ok - Though if I were you I'd treat it as high priority ;) A fully working multi table hud compatible feature for PKR I imagine would drive in a lot of buyers :)

newgrassman
12-26-2010, 11:18 AM
What's PKR?

newgrassman
12-26-2010, 11:19 AM
The software is still fully functional on Full Tilt, yes?

Patvs
12-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Yes... it's fully functional on all sites (including Full Tilt)... except PKR and Cake.

PKR only allows the HUD on 1 (cash) table. And Cake Poker has no HUD (because they censor their handhistories)

Kroolock
12-27-2010, 07:36 AM
whats about the tourney hud?

Sarek
12-27-2010, 12:56 PM
And for tourneys too
but only with English room interface

Blavdes
12-27-2010, 04:00 PM
HEM isn't importing all my PKR hands again but it just started in the middle of a session - i notice a lot big pots the last 45mins and other random ones are missing.

netsrak
12-28-2010, 06:31 AM
Are you using 1.11.05e? http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Ennukas
01-05-2011, 10:21 AM
I dont get it. I open 4 tables in PKR and start importing, then the hud will show up on only 1 table, and across the entire screen(when 4 tables are in square view), then I switch to only one table view and stats are still all over the screen. I know it shows only one table, but why does it show stats when I´m looking at 4 tables simultaneously. It should show them only when I´m switching to one table view, and then switch the hud also. But as I understand, it should be as messed up as it is?

netsrak
01-06-2011, 04:47 AM
The hud just reads the handhistories and displays what it thinks is the active table. We can't differ between the single table and multi table view.