PDA

View Full Version : "Root Element is missing error" + "Unhanded exception"

Chips8
05-04-2013, 08:21 PM
I tried to fix this error by updating to the Beta. I was able to start HEM by going to "DBControlPanel.exe" and run "1.13.01 Internal."

But when I exited and tried to start HEM again from the Start Icon, I got the "Root Element is missing error" + "Unhanded exception" errors again.

Patvs
05-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.13.01_11Apr2013.exe

Delete the Program Files/RVG Software/HoldemManager/Config/holdemmanager.config file

Chips8
05-05-2013, 01:25 AM
I had the same problem after following your instructions. But it turns out the problem was that the update didn't update my desktop HEM shortcut as well. So I had to delete the desktop shortcut then re-add ( HoldemManager.exe) as a desktop shortcut.

Now it works, thx

fozzy71
05-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Thank you for letting us know what solved your problems. It sounds like you might have originally installed HM to a custom path but the update was installed to the default path. You might want to search your computer for RVG Software and see if it is installed in 2 locations. If it is you should install the new update again and make sure you browse during installation and choose the custom path so you can update the original installation and then create a new desktop shortcut again. If you are running the program using the path for the update only it can cause problems when trying to replay hands and other issues.