PDA

View Full Version : Import Successful, but no Hands Appear

HarvestYourNuts
12-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Bought HEM today and registered. Imported 305,000 hands from PokerStars via an export from PokerTracker v2 and "Import File(s)" in HEM.

When I go to CASH GAMES -> Reports, I see the cumulative totals of all the imported hands in the upper portion of HEM (selected report named "By Stakes"). However, I cannot get anything to appear in the Hands section (lower half of the window) on any window.

I have verified that I have NO filter on. I have selected a hero. I have "Last 100" selected. I have the "Only Show Marked Hands" and "Show Known Holecards" UNselected.

By the way, when I select CASH GAMES -> HANDS I also get no hands.

Where could I be going wrong?

Patvs
12-24-2010, 06:05 AM
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.05e_internal.exe

There could be two reasons for you issue:
-1 check your control panel--> region & language--> time/date settings.
Set the date formatting to M/d/yyyy or set everything to English (American)
And reboot

-2 if that doesn't resolve it, it might be caused by PT3 who makes an alteration to the original handhistory. (unlike HoldemManager which simply MOVES the original handhistory to an archive folder). If that's the case, email PokerStars so they can sent you ALL your hands in the original formatting and import those files.

HarvestYourNuts
12-24-2010, 01:20 PM
My language and date format are already set up exactly as indicated.

As for the PokerTracker Export, notice that I mentioned I am using PT2, not PT3.

Regardless, the problem still exists when I auto-import real hands in real time. I started doing it last night directly from P*. I'm watching my hand total increase on the same report, and still no hands appear.

Patvs
12-24-2010, 04:08 PM
-1 try to create a new empty database

-2 Is your PokerStars lobby in English and it's saving the hands in English, it's importing the hands without errors.... but you just can't see the actual hands in HoldemManager. Try to CLEAR the filters in HoldemManager... eventhough it appears no filters are selected.

HarvestYourNuts
12-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Created a new, empty database. Imported no old hands into it, just new hands from P*. Same exact problem persists.

Yes, everything is in English and the HH files from P* are written in English. I checked the files myself.

I have cleared the filters multiple times in frustration.

In case this helps: the HUD is showing me hole cards even though HEM is not showing hands.

Sarek
12-25-2010, 06:46 AM
try this
Uninstall and Reinstall Holdem Manager

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+)

HarvestYourNuts
12-25-2010, 09:28 PM
try this
Uninstall and Reinstall Holdem Manager

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Using Revo Uninstaller (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+)

Before I do this, I'd like to know what happens to the databases I've created? Will this pull POSTGRES and it's databases also?

Are you recommending a complete uninstall of the DBs and starting from scratch?

Do I need to clear the authorization code first so it doesn't count as another one of my computer installs?

Sarek
12-26-2010, 06:05 AM
my recommendation was about HM only - not Postgres
If Postgres works well itself - don't touch it
your databases remain intacted, you just reinstall HM and no more
and if you reinstall HM on the same PC and don't made changes in hardware - you don't need to do smth with activation - just enter the same serial

HarvestYourNuts
12-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Thank you both for attempting to help me with this. I solved it myself taking a somewhat brute force approach, and the information gleaned from my solution should perhaps be added to the system prerequisities or the installer.

First, I uninstalled HEM as suggested, but my goal was to uninstall Postgres. When I first installed HEM, Postgres was not installed because there was a prior version installed on my machine for use with PT2. HEM's installer found it and connected with it instead of re-installing the current version.

It was this old level (8.0) of postgres that was the root of the problem.

I used PT2 to export EVERYTHING out of its DBs into files.

I then uninstalled my version of postgres and erased the databases (manually) too. Once that was complete, I reinstalled HEM and it installed the 8.4 version of Postgres thsi time because none existed anymore.

When I imported one of my previously exported HH files into it: Voila! Hands!!!

I would suggest that you note that a certain level of Postgres is required. Perhaps your installer should also install the new version if a sufficiently down-level of Postgres is installed, rather than skipping it and attaching to the old version.

Regards.

Sarek
12-26-2010, 02:46 PM
officially HM can work even with 8.2