PDA

View Full Version : Database error while installing HEM on new computer

beachbum
12-23-2010, 06:33 PM
I watched the 'Transfer HM to New PC' video and followed the instructions and was able to successfully copy my Holdem Manager over to my new computer. I then started up HEM no problem. But, when I was in the process of importing the new hands over, my computer went blue screen. It actually had done this several times over the last couple days. After Googling the problem, it appeared to be caused by Zone Alarm, which I uninstalled, and it appears to have solved the blue screen problem.

Anyway, after I started my computer back up, HEM wasn't working right (don't remember exactly what it was doing), so I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling. The first problem I got at this point was that it was unable to install Postgres. Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling again a couple more times. It appears now that Postgres is installed and connected, but now after I have copied the Holdem Manager folder over from my old computer and try to start HEM, I get this error message: 'The following error occurred when trying to open the database: FATAL: 3D000: database "AP" does not exist'. However, when I open HEM, it does appear that my HUD has transferred over ok.

What should I do at this point? Should I just create new databases in HEM and just reimport the hands into them, or do I need to fix this error somehow?

Patvs
12-24-2010, 06:03 AM
The blue screen--> probably resulted in a database corruption.

Just create a NEW database--> and reimport your hands.