PDA

View Full Version : Export not working

BubbleBoy
05-04-2013, 09:43 AM
I tried an export yesterday through the HM2 interface. After 1 hour I get a windows error message that my memory is running low and I should close HM2. I have 12gb RAM of which about 10 were in use. I kept it running of course, for about 12 hours.

Nothing had changed in those 12 hours, (still 2-3 kernels computing though), and I decided to cancel the export. The database window with export stays open though and gives me this message

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/attachments/general-support/110861-export-not-working-dwdxrrn.png

I still see the cpu working, so I keep it open. For another 12 hours. Now I had to shut it down.

Why is it so difficult to export some hand histories?

Now after restarting I get this (note not responding)

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/attachments/general-support/110871-export-not-working-ju75iun.png

The HM2 integrated backup function finishes after 30 minutes but does not produce any output file. So thats a great tool as well.

BubbleBoy
05-04-2013, 01:00 PM
I got it back to running after a few PC and service restarts. When I try Postgres Tuning it just freezes as well. Seems like all the Database Manager options do not work.

fozzy71
05-04-2013, 01:47 PM
How big is your database and how much free space is left on your drive? If your database is bigger than the free space most of the Database functions like export, backup, maintenance, etc, will not work as there isn't enough free space in your \temp folder for the task.

BubbleBoy
05-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Good question.

My HM/postgres is on an SSD with 100gb of 250gb in use.
My Windows is on an SSD with 60gb of 80gb in use.

I changed my default \temp and \tmp location in windows to an otherwise unused drive with 250gb free of 250gb. Although I don't know how well that works, camtasia for instance also crashes showing "not even space" for big rendering projects even though I specifically put their temp somewhere with enough room.

I told the backup and export wizards to export to drives specifically for storing hands and backups with enough free space.

Whats my best option here? Partial BU or export? Just copy the whole drive?

fozzy71
05-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Even though you were trying to export to a drive with enough free space HM2 will use your windows \temp folder for the process which sounds like it did not have enough free space. If you changed your temp folder you should be able to proceed with a full backup and export both now.