PDA

View Full Version : pre flop betsizing is wrong on ante tables on stars

Daniel
12-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Could this be fixed? The PFR size seems to be depends on the number of players. Prelop settings is in big blinds, not in %pot. Since the bet increments are SB's, I can't get the right amount without typing

And if possible, can opening size be made dependant of position? E.g. 3.5 BB standard, 2.5 on button, 4bb when in SB and 3 BB when in BB if SB calls?

Fool
12-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Unless there are limpers the number of players involved shouldn't affect the sixe of your raise. Are you using a custom table theme? If so try again with hyper-simple or classic. If this doesn't apply Please post or .zip and attach a copy of the following files and I'll check them over for errors:

1) Your TNLog and TNConfigAutoLoad files. You will find them in C:\Program Files\TableNinja

2) A screen shot of the table with your HUD displayed.

Daniel
12-26-2010, 08:18 AM
I use the classic table view.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the antes. In the picture attached the antes were 1.60 in total (8x 0.20)and the default bet size was preset at 1.60. Later, when one player extra was involved, antes were 1.80, and default betm was 5.30.

See attached files for more info.

Fool
12-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Try going to the start menu search and type "performance information and tools" without the quotes and hit enter. In the new window that pops click the adjust visual effects link. Then choose custom and make sure everything is disabled except the following:

enable desktop composition
enable transparent glass
show thumbnails instead of icons
smooth edges of screen fonts
use visual styles on windows and buttons

Daniel
12-27-2010, 08:41 AM
This did not work.

Most error messages in the log are from right mouse click actions to search players. The pop up might then might cover de pot. These errors have nothing to do with pot sizing.

Fool
12-27-2010, 12:21 PM
The logs are reporting a mass of errors scraping the pot and measuring tables making it difficult to isolate any other errors. Did you enable dekstop composition? If so please post a fresh log from a short test session and I'll see what remains.

Daniel
12-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Very strange, if I enable desktop composition it is automatically disabled again: the tick is removed when I check it again, even though I press apply. Something seems to have happened though, the font has changed and is somewhat bold, which makes it all harder to read.

edit: it still doesn't work, PF betsize was 4.90 on 0.5/1 table with 8x0.20ante (PF betsize is set to 3.5 bb)

And still dozens of error in the log file (Failed setting default bet on retry) . The strange thing is, I hardly have any problems on non ante tables but still errors in the log.

Fool
12-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Is this a laptop? Does it meet the reccomended specs for multi-tablers? They are:

Operating System: Windows XP®, Windows Vista®, or Windows 7®
Processor: Intel® Core™ Duo 2.5 Ghz or equivalent
Memory: 4GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce® 9500GT or equivalent

Daniel
12-28-2010, 01:41 PM
No, it's a desktop, 2.3 GHz double core, 2 GB RAM, Gforce 9200.

I have no problems multitabling up to 14 tables on 1 site, only if I play 2 sites simultaneously with more than 14 tables, I have some LAG.

Fool
12-29-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm afraid this is becuase you don't meet the reccomended specs for multi-tablers. The documentation states:

"Machines meeting the Recommended System Requirements should be able to play 16 tables smoothly. In general, Machines not meeting the Minimum System Requirements may experience significant lag when multitabling. The more tables you play the faster your system needs to be. Note that these requirements assume that you are not running any processor intensive applications besides TableNinjaFT and Full Tilt Poker."

Daniel
12-30-2010, 06:45 AM
If I play one ante table, the betsizing is already off.

Fool
12-30-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm unable to reproduce this on my test machines. Please describe a situtation in detail or post a screenshot where you open raise while pre-set betting is at 100% of pot and rounding is disabled.

Daniel
12-30-2010, 05:49 PM
??? The problem is not with potbetting preflop, but with 3.5 times bb. See screenshot at second post.

Fool
12-31-2010, 12:10 AM
TableNinja counts antes at cash games as additional limpers.

That is if you have your limper bet set to X BB + Y BB per limper then your bet size will be X BB + Y BB per limper + Y times the antes.

This is because generally players who play ante and non-ante cash games simultaneously would always want bigger open raises in ante games so the bet size is increased by the amount of the ante which is generally considered game theoretically a solid play. The way TableNinja works allows people to efficiently play ante and non-ante cash games simultaneously using the same bet sizing settings without having mathematically weak play. The behavior is also due to a technical limitation so there is no way to disable it.