PDA

View Full Version : Table Manager "Restore position" does nothing?

marknekk
12-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I've searched for it here on the forum but found nothing (a complete Manual -- no scattered FAQ -- to HEM would be really advisable).

The "File > Restore positions" on the Table Manager doesn't seem to do anything. :confused:

I tell you what I did... I have my HUD perfectly placed, until here everything is fine. Now I click on "File > Save positions". I suppose this stores the positions of the HUD elements.

Now I -- again, since there's no manual -- suppose that when I move an element from the HUD and after that click on "Restore positions" the element should go back to where it should be.

But nothing happens. Am I misunderstanding something?

This is especially irritating as I usually play cash, but when I play tournaments I have to move some of the elements around, to be able to take a glimpse at the blind levels.

It would be great if I just had to click on "Restore positions" and have everything back to where it should.

PS: Ok, I found the FAQ for the Table Manager. So my idea seems to be right, but it still doesn't seem to do what it's supposed to...

Patvs
12-24-2010, 06:37 AM
I don't think restore positions does what it inclines to do.

If you have this CASH vs TOURNEY HUD issue, just create two separate HUDs
And assign one to your cashgames and the other to tournies using the
hud options--> player preferences--> USE FOR Tab

marknekk
12-24-2010, 07:21 AM
If you have this CASH vs TOURNEY HUD issue, just create two separate HUDs
And assign one to your cashgames and the other to tournies using the
hud options--> player preferences--> USE FOR Tab

Ok, I'll give that a try, but...

I don't think restore positions does what it inclines to do.

... I don't want to sound sarcastic, but this sounds very strange coming from someone of the HM support team, doesn't it?

You don't think it does what it inclines to do? I mean, you should know it. :confused:

Then after all, what does it do? I still don't know it. Could you please tell me? At least "Save positions" seems to create the positioning files for the HUD.

Patvs
12-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Save positions--> saves the updated positions in the pospref2.txt and pospref4.txt files in the /Config folder.

The old positions are then saved in pospref2.bak and pospref4.bak.
Restore positions should rename the .bak files back to .txt

But you're the first user to mention this may not work properly, since nobody actually uses this feature.

marknekk
12-24-2010, 08:20 AM
I hope you don't mind posting the PM you send me, anyways it doesn't contain anything that anyone could consider 'top secret', right? ;)

I think there could be more people interested and maybe find it while doing a search on google like I often do.

Maybe you should give this option a proper name or update the FAQs since it doesn't do, what one intuitively would suppose.

Thanks for taking your time to clear this issue.

This "restore positions" had more of a purpose in the past, when the hud options--> player preferences--> USE FOR tab--> was less extensive.

It basically has lost part of its purpose, since we now recommend users to create separate HUDs if they play a mix of HU/6max/FR