PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum/Reeindex Error

JPonline
12-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi guys,

whenever I do a Vacuum or Reindex (via PGadmin) I get an error message.
The Message from the Reindex option is:

ERROR: could not open relation base/26118/26204: Invalid argument

Any suggestions how I can repair the broken table in the SQL database?

I had a similar problem a while ago, and I know for that reason that in the
near future I will get a lot of Import errors, resulting in $&%$"/$$§&$% ;-)

Please don't say "create a new database and reimport your hands". That is absolutely no option, since I have been importing for about 3 Months now. I imported close to 15 Million Hands, which results in about 400 GB of Database size.
Unfortunately I do not have any recent updates since my Database was importing 24/7 the last 2 months.

Any suggestions? Anyone who can help me? Please ! :)

Kind Regards

Julius

netsrak
12-23-2010, 04:40 AM
Your database is damaged (which can be a HDD error).

Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
If that doesn't help there is no other option than to create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).

JPonline
12-23-2010, 04:54 AM
Hi guys,

whenever I do a Vacuum or Reindex (via PGadmin) I get an error message.
The Message from the Reindex option is:

ERROR: could not open relation base/26118/26204: Invalid argument

I tried a reindex already.

So why is Holdemmanager "effing" up the database?
This isnt the first time this happened to me.
Whenever I get a somewhat "good" database ( like lets say around 5 Million imported hands which is close to 150/200 GB) Holdemmanager/the Database gets an error.

There has to be a way to just delete the broken entry/table in the Database.

As I already said, reimporting is NOT an option!

I am using HEM since close to two years now and I had to recreate a new database like every six months! to be honest : WTF????

Am I not supposed to import hands to HEM??

I am getting really angry about this. This is not the way a software is supposed to work.

And just saying "create a new database and reimport" is the same like saying, reinstall your windows and all of its Programs, just because you have trouble with your Desktop Wallpaper.
Recreating a Database means losing months of work AND not beeing able to use HEM = lower/no income ! (for at least one month, untill I reimported a bunch of hands) Are you ready to pay for that ? I dont think so

morny
12-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Hi,

I can understand your frustration. Unfortunately once a database is corrupt you cant usually recover it so its a matter of narrowing down the cause, this can be powering down your PC via the plug rather than a proper shutdown via the start menu, a bad sector on your hard drive, a loop in your import or possibly even a 3rd party program that for some reason is either blocking PostgreSQL completing an action or possible moving/deleting files (firewall/antiviruses can do this)

You say its happening after an optimisation, if this is the case and you can reproduce it with a new database then email support@holdemmanager.com and if you can reproduce and show us via a teamviewer session well get this urgently fixed, im not aware of any such issues with the optimisation though so it may be one of the other things i mentioned