PDA

View Full Version : Deteriming how ppl play AA/KK

killemall5
12-21-2010, 06:44 PM
I am trying to figure out a way to use HEM to determine which players are going to slowplay AA and KK so that I don't try to squeeze them and get crushed.

What are the best ways to do this? I want be able to do a search to find out the likelihood that those big hands will just be limped behind, especially early in mtts.

The Minder
12-21-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm not sure this is possible, or even desirable. With MTTs it is unlikely you will have the number of hands on each potential villain to provide a decent analysis of their playing style to make such a determination. And the 'other' factors such as M, tourney stage, quality of other players at the table, position etc would still not account for all the possibilities of running into slow-played AA/KK.

Sure, some player types are more likely than others to slow play AA/KK, but I think you might be asking a bit too much of any tracker to overcome this prob. At least you can rejoice in that you got beat by the best hand pre-flop or that you sucked out. Other than that, reload another MTT and try again.