PDA

View Full Version : Need help for spacing of badges

karstenkloss
05-01-2013, 10:29 AM

Little bit stuck here, so any input is welcome :o:

As you can see on the image, the badges align left. I want the badges appear on a defined coordinates of the HUD. It would be more intuitive for me, if a badge always appear on the same place.

How can i get there? Should i make a placeholder-badge in black (f.e. this badges appears when Hands > 0) or is there a more elegant way to get there.

Thx in advance

HossendeHaai
05-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Placeholder badge won't work imo. Becouse if the badge does appear it would be to far right. I see 2 options: panels, and to make make every badge appear always. That would be with hands > 0 but with such criteria that it disappears when the criteria for the badge are met.

karstenkloss
05-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Placeholder would work, think. Each badge has an own grouping prefix, make a black badge, which always appears with priority 0. The badge for the definition has to use the same grouping prefix with a higher priority. So if the badge is a success it comes on top of the placeholder.

Downside would be a ton of notes just for the placeholder. That's why i hope for other solutions :confused:

HossendeHaai
05-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Smart. Hadn't thought of that yet, since I use my prefixes in a way incompatable with assigning a unique prefix to each badge. I'd work, but would take huge space indeed. Panels don't have that downside. Can't think of any other way.

sreticentv
05-01-2013, 08:24 PM
So you have basically a unique grid...

I'm not sure how your badges are set up but I would make like a counter-badge out of a composite definition. So let's assume you have a badge formed from a color definition where VPIP > 50. Nice and simple

Make the counter composite definition expression "HEM.TOT VPIP < 50"
then a corresponding color definition with the same prefix as your actual badge. This color definition checks if the value of your composite is 1 or greater. The composite will only be 1 if the vpip < 50 so it can never be that both your items are true.

Lots of work but would do what you're trying to do though.

...either that or maybe priority would be easier too. Both of these options assume a unique prefix for every grid position.

edit: I really should have read more closely as your ideas are already >= than mine lol

derders
05-15-2013, 09:10 AM
would not a "ghost" stat do the trick? take a HM stat that you nerver need and make its color like your HUD background with very high samplesize

problem is that for every placeholder you loose a place for a badge = to big HUD with much badges :-(

but think this is a global problem of the HUD grid .... if I add 6 stats in a row I have everytime the problem that the stats are moving if a stat has no value (-)

fix grid positions are needed...

karstenkloss
05-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Customizable grids would be the best solution, but that part goes to HM2. Someone requested it months ago......and nothing happened. Logical, since HM2 finally works like it should the guys look to get HMCloud running (i suspect they need moniezzz to rub on their titties :o).

I found a solution for me:

every badge has an own grouping prefix and a black opposite-badge. Creates some notes for nothing, but the result comes close to what i wanted.