PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Backup+restore problem

moadgih
12-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Hi,
I bought a new comp recently, sys drive is an SSD and I have a secondary drive which is HDD. I installed postgres using their installer on the SSD but with the data directory on the HDD and then installed HEM on the SSD, everything works great. Yesterday I decide I want to see what the performance is like with the db running off of the SSD so I backup the db in pgadmin, uninstall postgres and reinstall with the data directory on the SSD. I follow the restore steps to the letter as shown in the backup/restore guide here, but upon executing the restore to a blank newly created db it simply returns an error immediately. I tried this again, same error.

LOL, now I just went to pgadmin, deleted the "HEMDB" db, created a new one called "hem" to restore to that and copy+paste the error message, and NOW IT SEEMS TO WANT TO WORK despite not having done anything else differently WHATSOEVER. So, with baited breath I let this run, go get some coffee, and decide to post this anyways because it is very weird that the only thing I have changed from it returning the same error immediately twice to it now apparently working is the name and the fact that I'm now trying it for the 3rd or 4th time.