PDA

View Full Version : Results versus player type

Daniel
12-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Is it possible to study your own results versus different type of players? Im really interested in my winrate versus fish compared to regs. The number of fish is unfortunately a lot lower than the number of regs. Althoug the winrate versus fish is much higher than versus regs (assuming you have an edge), but the volume of hands versus fish is really low. Therefore I would like to know if I can look this up from my database. You'd only want a few filters (VPIP, PFR, 3bet) to rate players a fish, rock, reg or whatever. It looks like the autorate function, but then added to the filters. Is this already possible (HM visions e.g.). It doesn't seem so. If not, please add. This is very valuable!

Patvs
12-21-2010, 02:11 AM
What you basically want:
You want to see what your winrate is with 1 FISH at the player (for example a 30/5 stat player (stats you can choose), what your winrate is with 2 FISH, etc. and what it is with 0 FISH.

Ideally, I would personally also like to know the difference in having position on the fish, or being out of position on the fish-> effect on my winrate.

This is not currently an available feature.

You can suggest it, or vote for it, here - Suggestions Forums - Holdem Manager Forums (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/suggestions-forums/)

Daniel
12-21-2010, 05:35 AM
That's exactly what I mean, but since the suggestion forums doesn't seem to lead to any action within a year, I have hesitations to post it there.

Patvs
12-21-2010, 05:48 AM
We're trying to add a better:
Winrate vs #number of TABLES filter.

I'm not sure how advanced the new X-axis/Y-axis filter will be. (where you can put ANY stat up against another stat in a graph)

Your suggestion of Winrate vs #FISH seems more complicated than Winrate vs #number of tables to implement, but I've asked a programmer to look into this and have sent an internal email to Morny about it, so you don't have to post it in the suggestions forum.

Daniel
12-21-2010, 07:09 AM
OK thanx. I hope this wil be added. Some basics to start with (no position stats) and maybe add that later. Is seems like it is almost possible already: player profiles already exist within HM visions and autorating. Maybe that can be used?

Patvs
12-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Morny writes:

"Regarding the axis filter right now the axis is simplified to just a couple
of stats but were going to be improving on it. There is also going to be a
filter versus filter where you can filter vs fish, lag's, tag's (you can
define what makes him a fish/tag/lag) so this should be pretty powerful and
would allow you to do the suggestion the user mentioned along with a lot
more things, like seeing how you do when a TAG double barells against you or
in the same situation how you do versus a Nit or Fish. This actually is quite a big job to implement. It could take a few months."

Daniel
12-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Very nice, keep us informed (and please mention the developers to look at the suggestions section too!)

Daniel
01-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Pat,

maybe an easy step in the good direction.

It is possible to select players with the players tab according to vpip stats. From there it is possible to add players with VPIP above 40 to an alias called fish (and possibly aliases for rock, reg etc). From then I could use the vs player in the filter section to make reports versus a player type.

So it seems it is already possible in a simple way, but it is only possible to add the players to the alias one at a time (right mouse, add player to current alias).

If multiple players could be selected, this could be a real powerfull tool. And it doesn't seem too much work. Could you ask Morny?

And it would be a

morny
01-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Yeah right now you have to manually add players one at a time using right click and add this player to the current alias

Daniel
01-24-2011, 09:41 AM
If I would select players with VPIP>40, that would be hundreds, and even more for regs (thus take lots of time)...

Daniel
04-15-2011, 05:51 AM
Any news on this?