PDA

View Full Version : Unhandled Exception upon opening

CitizenErased
11-10-2008, 02:37 AM
Hi there.
Tonight I downloaded version 1.06.03h, but every time I open it I get the following error message:

MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

When I click continue, no hands get imported. Not one. I'm 100% sure that it's all set out to import hands, so there's no problems there. I'm downloaded the latest patch, I've exported it to the right folder, I've uninstalled and re-installed about 12 times (totally fresh). I've spent literally three hours looking for a solution online, and now I totally give up. I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Zach.

morny
11-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Please uninstall Holdem Manager, the unistall Microsoft .net Framework 2.0 via Control Panel > Add Remove Programs, then reinstall .net framework http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=14 then download the full version of HM from www.holdemmanagare.net and lastly install the latest update http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

CitizenErased
11-10-2008, 07:43 PM
That did not work :(
I'm fresh out of ideas.

morny
11-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Escalated to Roy, hell respond here asap

CitizenErased
11-11-2008, 03:26 AM
I think it should be mentioned that just before I installed HEM, I installed the latest Windows update. I think that must be playing a factor in this somehow.

Thank you for the ongoing support.

Rvg72
11-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Could you try installing the .net framework version 3.5 - this includes all the patches for all the previous framework versions and that does seem to be the cause of the issue

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

CitizenErased
11-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I will try that right now, and get back to you with the results as soon as I know. I assume this will be within an hour, so we could progress if it doesn't work (as I would like to sort this ASAP - I've already been without it for 2 days)

:)

CitizenErased
11-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Same error.
Is there any way to get this sorted in a more direct manner?

Thanks.

Rvg72
11-12-2008, 04:44 AM
Hi, please email me at support@holdemmanager.net and we can try a teamviewer session tomorrow to get to the bottom of this.

Sorry, it did seem like a .net framework error but looks like it must be something else

Roy

CitizenErased
11-12-2008, 05:27 AM
To any followers/ finders of this topic:

Roy kindly joined me on TeamViewer and was able to fix this problem by doing the following:

Go to C:\Program Files\ RVG Software \ Hold Em Manager \ Config

Then locate HoldemManager.config, and open it with Notepad

Search for where it says: True
and change TRUE to FALSE

That should fix your problem :)

Many thanks, again, to Roy for fixing this problem so swiftly.

nb: In the HTML, the braces will actually be the usual tags. Of course, they will not show up in a reply.