PDA

View Full Version : Error: Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1

Mcdonkey
12-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Hi guys!

Just started to get this problem, my hud only works on 4 out of 8tables, then after like 20min of playing i get this message : Error: Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1 .
Anyone else expering this problem ?
I'm playing at Pokerstars.

netsrak
12-19-2010, 12:43 PM
This is a postgresql database problem.

Solutions:
1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

rwpeene
12-20-2010, 12:12 PM
I just built a new i7/Win7 64-bit pc and installed HEM. Worked great for one day, then experienced the exact same problem and error message when trying to start HEM.

I installed the 'combo' installer yesterday. I have stepped through the FAQ to no avail.

Will reinstall later today and double check all the steps in the FAQ. Is there a way to only install Postgresql, or do I have to reinstall everything?

-Bob P

Sarek
12-20-2010, 01:20 PM
you can d-load 8.4 here EnterpriseDB: Download PostgreSQL Installers (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#windows)
this installer is more manageable than that in "combo"

rwpeene
12-20-2010, 02:44 PM
I see there is a 9.0 version. Avoid for now?

rwpeene
12-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Well, this isn't working.

I uninstalled postgresql and manually deleted the directories.

When I now run the combo installer, I get "Sorry, cannot install postgresql"

I downloaded the 8.4 standalone sql installer and it wants a password for service account. What is this? I tried 'postgrespass' and it doesn't work.

Thanks, Bob P

rwpeene
12-20-2010, 03:27 PM
FWIW, I have gone through Windows Defender and Windows Firewall and turned off everything I could find. (I'm not very Win7 savvy yet)

One thing that has changed since my initial (successful) install on this machine is that Windows has auto downloaded numerous updates. Mostly security updates. Any known issues?

rwpeene
12-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Update: I somehow got a file named program.txt loaded in the root directory of my C: drive. I found the problem when I tried to install the stand alone version of postgrsql v 8.3 which explicitly stated that this file would cause a problem.

Deleted the file and things seem to be up and running now.

netsrak
12-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback.
Never heard of a problem like this.

rwpeene
12-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Maybe add to your FAQ