PDA

View Full Version : Not importing correctly/hand count differences

effen
12-19-2010, 04:17 AM
I have two issues.

Firstly, HEM will import only certain hands from a HH despite "reading" the whole thing. On one specific table, HEM counted 26 hands. I manually counted them from the HH, and there was 36 hands. The hands missing seemed to be totally random in a time frame sense. When I go to import them manually, HEM asserts there are 0 files to read.

Secondly, I have a discrepancy between the amount of hands in the "reports" tab and the "sessions" tab. I took care that the aliases were the same and no filters were on, and yet here it is:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/355/bug1wt.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8052/bug2zh.jpg

I checked days this month and random days throughout the year, they are all fine: this only began December 18, yesterday. I am running the current version 1.11.05d after updating, it changed nothing. This is obviously troublesome because I need dead on accurate records.

Additionally, there were several large pots from my last session that appear neither in the sessions tab nor the reports tab.

effen
12-19-2010, 04:22 AM
Also, since HEM was literally refusing to recognize the HHs from Dec 19, I created a new folder in the HMArchive for "20", which is obviously tomorrow, and copy + pasted all the HHs from today's session in there. It read those files, but found all 1021 hands were duplicates. The 819 in Reports and 700 in sessions remain unchanged after these duplicate imports.

Any help would be hugely appreciated as this is very confusing.

MellowYellow
12-19-2010, 04:28 AM
Hey u didnt say what site you play on, but I play on Poker Stars and suddenly had the same problem. I play everyday, no problems, today I was playing and didnt have a problem til just now around maybe 1 am or so I got ready to play my 3rd session and then it started acting up.

Some tables got a HUD, others didnt, and it didnt record all the hands, I noticed that as well because my cashier didnt jive with what HEM said I was up or down, it was just ignoring some tables seemingly at random.

Also this was at 100 and 200nl Full Ring, so there arent any cap tables or anything that could have caused it.

effen
12-19-2010, 04:36 AM
I play the same tables as you.

Good to know I don't have a possessed computer though.

edit: I play on Pokerstars

netsrak
12-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
If that doesn't help you should create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).

MellowYellow
12-19-2010, 12:30 PM
i found the reindex option, am i supposedto check or uncheck any of the boxes in that window?

Also i have a pretty massive database, how would I go about transfering all to a new db if it doesnt work?

netsrak
12-19-2010, 12:48 PM
The reindex option should be checked.

For a new database you need to reimport all your hands which you usually find in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive).

Or do you have a database backup?

henholland
12-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
If that doesn't help you should create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).

I had the same problem and did both of these. Non of them helped anything.

I am now also having the same problem with my new database. Random hands from todays session are missing.

edit1: And it seems to be from pretty much all networks I played today (pacific, stars, boss, ongame)
Also, there are more hands missing now than for a few days ago. My results are now way way off.

edit2: So I tried again with a 3rd DB and decided to only import hands from last 2 months or so, and now all hands seem to appear fine. Could it be that my old DB was getting too big for HEM to handle?

Patvs
12-21-2010, 02:35 AM
It could be a corruption (or corrupt index) in your old database which is very common.

Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.05e_internal.exe
1.11.05e (@Effen--> update your 1.11.05--> to 1.11.05e)

Then create a new database and reimport the hands.

Edje
12-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I play on Pokerstars too, have hands imported double. Did the new HM update yesterday and today. My hudmanager says its version 1.11.05a but my general manager is the latest 1.11.05e
Help would be usefull. fulltilt is working fine btw. and i deleted Pokerstars today completely just for the sake of it.
and a question :
If i have to create a new database ( i don't want to!) do i have to realy import ALL my hands again????

Patvs
12-22-2010, 10:56 PM
If you have duplicate hands in your database---> create a NEW empty database, and reimport ALL your hands.

When you're finished with that, create a backup of the entire database, so in the future, you can just RESTORE that backup file without having to reimport the handhistories.