PDA

View Full Version : HUD update issue

Daenerys27
12-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi guys

Recently i have started having a weird issue with my HUD where stats across the tables wouldnt update or just simply reset to 0 when i sit at a new table with the players i have played before.

If you play several tables at the same time the stats for the same players are ocasionally different or blank. The problem is quite intermittent and can affect half the players on the table and the other half are ok.

Also, sometimes the stats will suddenly update to the correct number but then still lag behind other tables depending on the number of hands played.

Maybe im being stupid here but i cant work out why this is suddenly happening and what could cause this. As far as im aware everything is set up correctly and all the right options ticked. I have read the manual and could see no solution to this.

Not sure if it matters but im using Windows 7 and a Professional version of HEM.

I would appreciate any help or advice in this matter.

Kind Regards

Daenerys

Patvs
12-19-2010, 01:38 AM
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.05e_internal.exe

Create a new empty database and reimport your original handhistories.

Daenerys27
12-19-2010, 08:30 PM
I have updated to the new version and has created a new db and have re-imported all the hands and it seems to have fixed the issue!

Can i ask what caused this so i know what to do or not to do in the future?

Also when i go into settings --> currency and try to use "fix hands" feature it only does it to 100 hands and then you have to start it again. Is it possible to use the feature on more then 100 hands at a time as it will take a long time to do this process on a large databases.

Patvs
12-19-2010, 10:38 PM
It could be a corrupt database, or more likely a corrupt INDEX.
However any database can corrupt very easily.
To prevent corruption you should vacuum/analyse/reindex the database frequently. (and backup the database!)
But whenever your computer crashes during a auto import, it can corrupt the database.

Instead of using the "fix hands" feature, just create a new database and reimport the hands. Use 1.11.05e http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.05e_internal.exe

Daenerys27
12-21-2010, 09:35 PM
I see, thanks for your help mate!

Daenerys27
12-22-2010, 07:01 PM
More problems im afraid.

Since i created that new db to fix my hud "lag" issue i cant seem to back it up anymore.

Upon trying to use the backup feature i get the following error message:

[22/12/2010 22:50] HEM19/12/2010: error: pg_dump: [archiver] could not open output file "C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\0fbd0c41-1c0b-4ecf-8653-774288e163c0\dbs\HEM19/12/2010.sql": No such file or directory

[22/12/2010 22:50] error: error backup up HEM19/12/2010

Reason i tried to back it up is that i noticed smth weird going on with my Reports tab. I only play FR games and it has added some 6-max / HU reports out of shorthanded FR games which is quite annoying. So when i went to back it up i got the following message.

Off topic can i ask how to add bb/100 tab into my sessions menu, cant seem to find where to do it.

Cheers

Patvs
12-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Instead of using the backup & restore utility in HM, use pgadminIII.

bb/100 tab into my sessions menu? You can't add stats to the sessions menu.
You can see your winrate in the reports tab.

Daenerys27
12-23-2010, 05:12 AM
Ah ok, i thought you can mix and match stats in the sessions tab. Was just wondering if there was a lazy quick way of seeing bb/100 per session.

Anyways regarding pgadminIII could you please explain how to use it or link me to a guide please if possible.

Again, thanks for your help.

Patvs
12-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Read: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database)

Daenerys27
12-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Ok i read that, would you like me to backup and restore from blank again using pgadminIII menu (instead of HEM) to fix my issue with reports? Im reluctant to do it again since it always messes up my HUD and it takes time to get it back to the exact way i want it.

Sarek
12-23-2010, 02:12 PM
follow carefully all steps in provided link

Patvs
12-23-2010, 02:28 PM
There's no need to backup/restore your database.
What's wrong with your current database exactly?

You already reimported your hands into a NEW database right?
And it's normal.. some full ring hands show up as 6-max /HU in your reports:

When playing full ring and 3+ players are sitting out, or the table is breaking up, those hands will NOT be categorized as full ring by HM.

There's a lot of discussion that a hand with 6 players... at a full ring table, is NOT the same... as a 6max hand. (because many full ring players will not adapt properly)... but at the moment unfortunately for HM both are categorized as the same and will be undistinguishable in reports.

Daenerys27
12-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Right that explains it, i wasnt aware of that fact as well as "new" db changing a lot of reports from the old "buggy" db over a large ish sample of hands.

Sorry for the confusion, at a time of writing everything seems ok.

Thanks for your help and patience,

Daenerys27