PDA

View Full Version : Hm1 hands transfer over to hm2 running at 4 hand/sec

tufnel
04-26-2013, 07:49 AM
Hi,
As d title says... I have 3 million hands to get through... High spec comp w 4gb ram and left running over night with nothin else running... Is there anything I can do to speed this up?

Thanks

Patvs
04-27-2013, 01:59 AM
(1) Are you running a 'import from database' on the entire HM1 database in HM2?
(2) Or in a new HM2 database, you're running a 'import from folder' on your old HM1 archive folder, C:/HMArchive, basically reimporting all the original handhistory files into a new database?

Try (2).

tufnel
04-27-2013, 06:00 AM
(1) Are you running a 'import from database' on the entire HM1 database in HM2?
(2) Or in a new HM2 database, you're running a 'import from folder' on your old HM1 archive folder, C:/HMArchive, basically reimporting all the original handhistory files into a new database?

Try (2).

Hi,
Thanks for the reply...i was doin (1) at first...but it had done 380k of 2.8M hands after 24 hours...so aborted that and did (2)...that process imported 345k hands with 552k duplicates....that sounds like im missin 1.9M hands by doin (2). I had not checked d force import of previously imported hands option.

Patvs
04-27-2013, 06:18 AM
On which site(s) did you play these 1.9M hands?

tufnel
04-27-2013, 06:22 AM
On which site(s) did you play these 1.9M hands?

mainly stars, tilt and ipoker...small amount of party and heavenbet.

yeah, it has definitely missed a LOT of hands...i have no hands for this year in stars.

am i gonna have to do (1) and leave it run for 10 days, freezing my laptop d whole time?

tufnel
04-27-2013, 06:30 AM
i did d hem2 beta trial when it came out first and switched back to hm1 pretty quickly as hem 2 just froze my comp d whole time and was extremely slow and unresponsive. I now have upgraded to hm2 pro combo after much deliberation and had been told all freezing and slowness issues were resolved. I am currently running just mozilla browser and hem2...no poker sites or huds....and hem 2 is still slow and unresponsive and freezin up my comp...as well as missing 1.9M hands...this is not a good start to my hm2 experience

tufnel
04-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Hm2, and also my laptop, has become completely unusable for me now... With just 2 tables running... Hm2 constantly freezes my comp every minute or so... I'm still missing 1.8 M hands, I can't even view d reports for my alias with 5 screen names and it uses around 2gb of my 4gb memory at all times. What the hell is goin on here? Please help

tufnel
04-27-2013, 07:45 PM
can i get some help on this....surely most players goin from hm1 to hm2 have had to do this databse transfer...cant see mine being the largest at ~ 3.5M hands... what am i missing here

Patvs
04-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Did you use HM1 in the past?
Or did you use a different archive folder (other than C:/HM2Archive) where your original handhistories are?

You can easily get all your PokerStars and Full Tilt handhistories by emailing their support, requesting all the handhistories of hands you've played.

---

You can definately also try (1). Just let it run overnight. Ignore any 'not responding' message.

---

You may have most of your missing handhistories in C:\HMArchive? (the HM1 archive folder?)

tufnel
04-29-2013, 07:45 PM
i have been using hm1 for d last 3 years...my whole databse that im trying to move to hm2 is from hm1...i have all my tilt and stars hand histoires...i just cant get them into hm2 in with less than 6 days of transferring

i have done the backup from the hm1 archive folder and it seems to have missed 1.8 million hands...

is it possible to a database transfer from hm1 to hm2 just 1 year, or even month, at at time...i cant afford to have my comp fully occupied by d transfer for 6 days, when its only transferrign at 4 hands per sec

tufnel
04-29-2013, 07:46 PM
also, ive had to return to using hm1 only as hm2 is useless to me until i can get this sorted

Patvs
04-29-2013, 07:58 PM
It's not possible to only import a specific month from a HM1 database into HM2.

You can in HM1, go to Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> select your database--> EXPORT HANDS.
To export all hands. Again, alternatively email PokerStars and Full Tilt to request all your hands.

It will be faster to (2) just reimport ALL your hands into a new empty database.

tufnel
04-29-2013, 08:03 PM
getting all my stars n tilt hands and importing into a new hm2 database is fine, even if it will be very slow...but i have a large number of ipoker hands from different skins and i need those hands also. Ive contacted their support and ipoker dont do full hand history files.

Should i just try create a new database and export all hands from HM1 database management? This is how i started this process but was left with a transfer rate of 4 hands/sec for 2.8 million hands :( im not gonna have 6 days off poker where i can leave this run n not need to use my comp

Patvs
04-30-2013, 12:07 AM
In HM1 what you can do--> options--> settings--> purge hands--> do not delete hands by 'select an alias containing all your ipoker skins'.

(this will delete all your non-ipoker hands from the database)
Then in database management export all the hands)

tufnel
04-30-2013, 01:32 PM
In HM1 what you can do--> options--> settings--> purge hands--> do not delete hands by 'select an alias containing all your ipoker skins'.

(this will delete all your non-ipoker hands from the database)
Then in database management export all the hands)

i dont want to delete all my hands...thats d whole point of me having a database like this...so i can go back over hands at any time. I could maybe do without some of the smaller stake plo cash hands and mtt hands...is there a way of purging just these hands?

im gonna try import them in small blocks from d hm1 export folder, as suggested via email, and see how long that is going to take...though at the mooment all im getting is program not responding error messages when i try start it up, or try check something like import history in the hand importing section...ive never had to task manager end a process so many times in my life :(

Is it going to take this long to start up everytime i use it due to the 3M hands in d database? There's no way this program can be more useful than hm1 if it takes so long to load up and open option windows...regardless of new features and a slicker look. HM1 had d same number of hands and opened within 30 secs every time...displaying sessions tabs instantly...even full reports for a player with 1M hands would take less than a minute first time it was requested

tufnel
04-30-2013, 02:32 PM
This has gotten beyond ridiculous... I have split up d hm1 exported hands into folders of 20 files.... out of 2700 total files.... Tried importing 1 single folder with 20 files and my computer is completely unusable throughout d whole transfer... which is running at an impressive 1.4 hands per second!!!

Why isn't it mentioned anywhere on ur site that databases can take up to 2 months to transfer from hm1... And ur computer may become completely unusable for d duration of d transfer. I have a high spec comp with a good fast hard drive and 4g of ram... I have never see a program rip it to shit like this before... Not hm1, not poker tracker ... Nothing!

This, like most of my posts in this thread, has been sent from my phone... As my computer sits like d useless piece of trash it is throughout this whole process. It's been 6 days since I bought ur software and I haven't been able to use it once. Support has been random and not even read my post properly... Like askin me if I'm tryin from hm1.... Read d title before sendin a patronising answer which helps no one. WP

Patvs
04-30-2013, 08:44 PM
The long startup times in HM2 with a 3M hands database are normal.
It preloads all the hands upon startup, so once it's loaded, it can run reports faster.

Are you running a 64 bit version of Windows? Which PostgreSQL version are you using?

I would install PostgreSQL 9.2 (64 bit) to port 5433.
Add postgres.exe to the exceptions list of Windows Firewall.
Then import all your hands into the 9.2 database.

Do you have a regular harddisk or a SSD? When you start the import into a new empty database, do the import speeds start at 300/h (high) and gradually decrease to 4 hands/s? Or they start at 4 hands/s?
If they slowly decrease, vacuum/analyse/reindex your database in pgadminIII after every 1M hands you import.

tufnel
04-30-2013, 09:01 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5125/hmforum1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/hmforum1.jpg/)

tufnel
04-30-2013, 09:09 PM
i have postgresql 8.4, how do i update to 9.2 and transfer my db to it?

i run windows vista 64 bit

exceptions already added to the firewall

can i purge/delete all mtt hands from my hm1 to save me from importing them to hm2 and just keep the sumamries?

also, can i delete all cash hands at certain stakes only? i.e. delete my micro hands and keep mid/high stake hands..

Patvs
04-30-2013, 10:34 PM
If you'd install PostgreSQL 9.2, you can't transfer the database to it.
You'd have to reimport the hands into a new empty database.
The advantage of this is:
-9.2 might perform faster than 8.4.x
-9.2 (64 bit) has a special 64 bit build
-If you install this to port 5433 (any different port where it doesn't interfere with PostgreSQL 8.4 on port 5432) you can run both simultaneously, and always decide later which version (8.4 or 9.2) you continue to use.
-Your 4 hands/s slow import speeds suggest a program might interfere with PostgreSQL 8.4 on port 5432. For example a firewall/antivirus program monitoring the server, port 5432, or the PostgreSQL data folder. Though it's also likely the (slow) 7200 RPM 250 GB laptop harddisk just isn't very fast.

Did you already defrag the harddisk with a program such as Defraggler or change the performance of the harddisk in the power options? Read steps 6, 7, 11:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html
and make sure the Control Panel--> Power Options are set to HIGH PERFORMANCE on your computer.

You can't delete MTT hands, but keep the summaries. Well actually you can, since you can export the summaries in HM1, but this file can't be be imported into HM2 yet.

You can delete a certain stake only: options--> settings--> purge hands

tufnel
04-30-2013, 11:31 PM
ive just spent the night playin with no hud and several other programs running with no problems at all....i finish my session and try have another go setting up hm2...its now been 30 mins n all im getting is not responding error

ive done the disk defrag recently... the only high volume stuff on my laptop, aside from windows os files, is derived from hm1 & 2

this has gotten too much for me...if im gonna have to wait 10 mins or more everytime i start hm2 for it to load up may hands...freeze when i try look through reports...hog up 75% of my ram...its just simply not worth it. No program should take a week to install and still run terribly. I cant accept that my comp is just very slow and d fault is on my end there...as d comp works fine for everything else...including ur own hm1 and pokertracker

tufnel
04-30-2013, 11:33 PM
15 mins its been frozen now...just trying to view my stars hands...was gonna try delete some micro stakes hands...but even that cant be done it seems

tufnel
04-30-2013, 11:45 PM
when u guys say purge hands...u really mean completely delete forever? i understood that they would remain in winnings summaries and reports...just the the actual hh would be gone and save some space....but u gus really just suggest delete the hands totally to spped up your database? why have the database if im gonna delete the hands after a while

udbrky
05-01-2013, 02:22 AM
Please duplicate the issue.

Open Windows Event Viewer's - Windows Logs - Applications.

Check for any errors and send the information by saving the error. They should be right at the top. We need errors, not information.

Please send a log file as well.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support %3F

Please send us this information:

- What exactly were you doing when this happened.

- Please send a screenshot of your system properties showing ram, cpu and os - right click my computer, click properties.

- We also need the screenshot for the advanced system settings - performance - advanced tab showing your virtual memory settings.

- And we need a screenshot of your task manager showing the processes running for all users.

Patvs
05-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Is it going to take this long to start up everytime i use it due to the 3M hands in d database? There's no way this program can be more useful than hm1 if it takes so long to load up

If you don't want HM2 to load such a long time, because all you want to do is play a session with a live HUD (where you don't instantly need to see reports, which you can do after the session), select a player you have 0 hands as the main player in the 'select player' window. With this trick, at least the startup time will be really fast, where it will not preload all the hands.

Patvs
05-01-2013, 11:59 PM
when u guys say purge hands...u really mean completely delete forever? i understood that they would remain in winnings summaries and reports...just the the actual hh would be gone and save some space....but u gus really just suggest delete the hands totally to spped up your database? why have the database if im gonna delete the hands after a while

In HM2 you can only completely purge/delete hands so they will NOT be used anymore for winnings/stats.

(in HM1 there were two types of purges

-options--> settings--> purge hands (will delete handhistory, hand from graph, $Won from sessions, etc. everything, so hand won't be used anymore for stats)
-options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge hands--> will delete the handhistory and therefore the ability to replay the hand, but the hand will still be used for the graph, $Won from sessions and for the HUD. )