PDA

View Full Version : HM database sync 2 pcs

noap_
12-17-2010, 04:26 PM
I'd like to be playing poker on my main PC and while travelling on my laptop, so I want to run HM on both devices. Now I'd like to have them both synchronized. Is that possible? If there's not a built-in future, what's the best way to achieve that?

Patvs
12-18-2010, 12:19 AM
There's not a build in feature yet.

You can achieve it by using a sync server, such as Microsoft MESH,
which can sync folders on two computers.

Add your archive folder from computer A---> as a import folder on computer B and vice versa.

A much simpler solution, is to just.. weekly.. email the hands you played on computer A to YOURSELF. Then import them on computer B. And vice versa.

udbrky
12-18-2010, 09:12 AM
You can store your DB on your laptop and access it on your desktop. I do this all the time.

what you need to do is edit the pg_hba file on your host computer.

Here's what you need to edit at the bottom of that file.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/18451-trouble-accessing-across-network.html

The 192.xxx is your network's IP range. 192 is standard, but some are different. Look up your IP address and determine what your range is.

Now that you've done that, save, restart PG. Now open HEM on the computer on which you will access the database remotely. Go to database maintenance.

The default address is 127.0.0.1. This is the local address for the local machine. Change that to the IP address of your host computer.

Sometimes, postgres will stop running on the host computer. I have administrative tools in my start menu so I can quickly access it. Also, sometimes my connection between my computers dies and I have to restart my host computer.

But this works for me about 95% of the time. Sometimes, once every 3-4 days, I'll need to do one of these corrective measures, then it will work fine for a couple months at a time without an issue.

noap_
12-18-2010, 09:27 AM
But the 2nd PC (laptop) has to be running while you are playing/importing hands, right?

netsrak
12-18-2010, 11:07 AM
yep, the server has to run all the time

noap_
12-18-2010, 11:12 AM
k, thx.
Besides that: I'm allowed to run the same licence on 2 different PCs, right?

Sarek
12-18-2010, 01:51 PM
yes, HM license is for 2 PC

Jacques
09-03-2012, 06:03 PM
and unfortunatelly, if you have 2 licences you cannot sync 4 PCs ... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

netsrak
09-04-2012, 04:16 AM
Yep, we had to restrict this to 1 license to avoid collisions with the pokersites restrictions for handsharing.

Jacques
09-07-2012, 08:38 AM
i know that, and i sent lot of mail, to say that it is to much restrictive, because most of users have 2 or 3 PCs now... at least you should consider that 3 pc per licence could be a good deal... (even if it is more expensive -i bought 2 licence for my 3 pcs-)

udbrky
09-07-2012, 02:45 PM
It's a pretty small minority that have 3 computers.

Like netsrak said, we have to comply with site's TOS, or else we get banned.