PDA

View Full Version : Hud: How 2 run custom stats?

lakecovekid
12-16-2010, 06:04 AM
Greetings,
I'm muddling like a beast through this hellacious quagmire. I have configure my own settings for HUD, rather than the default settings; however, whenever I open or re-open HUD, it brings up the default settings (which are many and cover the entire table), rather then my much abbreviated custom settings.

How can I get the HUD to pop up and employ my settings rather than the default settings?

(Yes, I have "saved" and "applied" my own labeled settings).

Sarek
12-16-2010, 06:13 AM
now open your custom config, go to UseFor tab and select there exactly the site you are playing in. Save.
Then do the same with default config, but select site you are NOT playing in (the best choice is Dracula). Save.

lakecovekid
12-16-2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks, sounds great. I don't find "custom config" anywhere. Can U direct me to that please.

Sarek
12-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Please see this thread on starting a new HUD FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Choose Configuration (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/202/Choose+Configuration) – Choose Configuration
In step 5 in that FAQ you’ll see the use for TAB, for each configuration you choose in the dropdown you can specify what gametype that HUD is shown for. If any of the tick marks conflict with any of the other configurations you’ve made it won’t know which to use and so it will switch to the default hud. If you’re not seeing the correct HUD then most likely it’s because of a conflict so double check these are setup correctly.

lakecovekid
12-16-2010, 06:56 AM
Does this mean that I must go to each and every default and "uncheck" all of the types of games for each one?

Sarek
12-16-2010, 07:02 AM
IMO the better way is to create many different configs
for every unique combination "pokerroom - gametype - tablesize"
and to set UseFor in default config to Dracula instead of Any site
see example in attachment

lakecovekid
12-16-2010, 07:08 AM
IMO the better way is to create many different configs
for every unique combination "pokerroom - gametype - tablesize"
and to set UseFor in default config to Dracula instead of Any site
see example in attachment

At the moment I'm trying to create JUST ONE FUNCTIONAL config! I've now "disabled" all of the other configs by directing them to read only at "dracula" and I've "unclicked" all of the player preference options for EVERY config except the one I've created.

Now my HUD is gone again. Pls assist.

Can this software rly be this mundane and arcane?

Sarek
12-16-2010, 07:13 AM
can you provide some screenshots?
- all 3 Player prefs tabs for YOUR config
- table while playing

lakecovekid
12-16-2010, 07:16 AM
- table while playing

i have enabled 6 person and multi only. they are ONLY selected for my "custom config."

I got my HUD back up by "relaunching HUD"; however, it is like before with too many stats covering everything up. many are zeros at the end. can i get those off?

how do i take screen shots?

do Y'all have phone help?

lakecovekid
12-16-2010, 07:44 AM
- table while playing

I have now managed to sort most of it out; however, the HUD displays on the table do not match the players on the table. Moreover, I toggled over one of the HUD displays on the table that referred to myself. This display was on the other side of the table - - - lolz.

pls explain?

Sarek
12-16-2010, 08:05 AM
do you use preffered seating?
if yes - disable it temporarily, then open one table, move (with right click) stats to right positions and close table
Then tell - in what room you play, we can give you direct link to FAQ about preffered seating

lakecovekid
12-16-2010, 06:06 PM
I don't use preffered seating. Do i need to?

lakecovekid
12-16-2010, 06:36 PM
do you use preffered seating?
if yes - disable it temporarily, then open one table, move (with right click) stats to right positions and close table
Then tell - in what room you play, we can give you direct link to FAQ about preffered seating

OK, i'm FINALLY getting dialed in - - lol. However, when all the individual HUD player stats pop up, it appears they are randomly all over the screen. In other words, I need to manually move each player's HUD stats to the correct player. Is this normal? Is there a way I can set it up to pop up and have the HUDs correctly positioned at each correct player?

many thanks

Patvs
12-17-2010, 12:52 AM
After you've set up seating preferences.

Move the HUD boxes around on only one (1) table to the correct players, and proper position.

When you're finished--> click--> file--> SAVE POSITIONS in TableManager (the window that pops up when you start the auto import)

lakecovekid
12-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Very cool and TYVM for that very nice and concise advice. When i closed out the HUD and relaunched it the HUD was correct; however, it was ONLY correct for that table but it was incorrect for the other two tables that i had running.

Do i need to manually make the correction each and every time on every table or is a way to fix this so that the HUD comes up correctly?

Please and thank you very much.

Patvs
12-17-2010, 05:44 PM
You only have to do it once.

You're sitting on the same position on all tables?
Then most likely, it's not properly saving the settings, because HoldemManager doesn't have proper administrator privileges.

Try to:

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.