PDA

View Full Version : Hold'em Manager not starting!!

Diizzle
12-15-2010, 08:45 PM
When I click to load up HEM, the loading tab comes up but it doesn't load up, just says (not responding) every single time. I have the latest version and this problem has just suddenly happened, I've had no major problems like this before with it. Any ideas what's up??
Darren

Patvs
12-16-2010, 03:05 AM
Open dbcontrolpanel.exe (in the /HoldemManager folder)
Can you connect, and create a new database?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions for those files to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent

Diizzle
12-16-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm using AVG anti-virus software. everything was already set on run as admin. I wouldn't have thought any security programs would have anything to do with anything as it was working perfectly fine?

Sarek
12-17-2010, 06:09 AM
please read this and do the same things for AVG
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/339/Software+Security+Problems+%28Firewall%29)