PDA

View Full Version : Fixing UAC for HEM under Windows 7

marknekk
12-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Hello everybody,

I'm sorry if the title of this thread is misleading, but I am not going to show you step by step how to fix the HEM for Windows 7/UAC. I might do that some time in the future but that's too much guessing.

What I am going to do is just post a link to another web that explains how to patch ANY app so that you still can have UAC running but won't be bothered every time you want to start an App, like HEM, from which you know it is perfectly safe.

The tutorial was made in 2008 for Windows Vista, but since Windows 7 has a lot in common with the previous version it works perfectly.

So enough talking, here's the link

Disable User Account Control (UAC) for certain Windows Vista applications | Windows Vista, XP and Windows 7 Tutorials (http://www.vista4beginners.com/Disable-UAC-for-certain-applications)

Another option is to use the Norton's UAC Software, but I guess you'll have to pay for it ...

marknekk
12-17-2010, 06:22 AM
Although nobody seems interested in this and/or doesn't have this issue...

For the sake of completeness I've got to say that this doesn't actually work. It allows to start HEM without the Windows 7 UAC bothering you, but it then fails to start the HMHud and the DBControlPanel.

I tried to fix both the same way I did with HEM but it didn't seem to work.

Maybe I'll try to find another fix, but I'll leave it like it is for a while...