PDA

View Full Version : Agression Factor %

tnhooper45
12-15-2010, 11:23 AM
I just used HEM for the first time in a few months..

I think I might have changed some of the numbers settings in the "Player Preferences" column..

The Agression Factor is what I'm having trouble comprehending (sp?)
What do the different numbers represent?

I have checked out the Quick Start Guide about this situation but I couldn't really understand it.

Thank you so much for your help.

Ajax
12-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Aggression Factor = (bets + raises) / calls

Aggression Frequency % = (bets + raises) / (bets + raises + checks + calls + folds)

Sarek
12-15-2010, 01:15 PM
citation:
Aggression Factor (AF) is the number of times a player bets and raises divided by the number of times they call. This does not deal with how often a player checks and referring to it as aggression is a bit of a misnomer. AF actually refers to how often a player calls, but a player who folds too much, almost never calls, and only raises with a huge hand would have a very high aggression factor. This player might check and fold most of the time, but they would appear to be aggressive if AF were your metric. AF still has some use, but most people who have it in their HUD are just using it because they started using it years ago before Aggression Frequency was available and haven't changed over.

Correct numbers for AF depend on the game, but most Hold’em players who consistently win are above 2 and many of the best players are above 3. A player with an AF below 2 is very easy to deal with. When they start betting and raising, you can get out of the way; they probably have a strong hand and will often give you free cards and allow you to determine how big the pot will be. This is why my advice to beginners about how to beat home games usually starts with "raise or fold" and ends with "don't be a calling station."

tnhooper45
12-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks for all the info...

What about the one that says "Inf-" or something like that???

Patvs
12-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Inf = Infinite.

Which happens when a player always bets/raises... and NEVER calls.