PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy cloud instead of HEM2?

Broot
04-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Would you buy cloud if you already possess HEM 2, and what for?

Does it mean, that after the Cloud appears, HEM 2 will stop progressing and becoming better?

Is this cloud more preferable for those, who don`t use Win7\8 PCs?

jdvarnon
04-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Would you buy cloud if you already possess HEM 2, and what for?

Does it mean, that after the Cloud appears, HEM 2 will stop progressing and becoming better?

Is this cloud more preferable for those, who don`t use Win7\8 PCs?

Hi Broot.

The vision for HM Cloud (with final release features and functionality) is to provide:

1. Extremely simple set-up and configuration with no local database required.

2. An intuitive/visual interface to game results and opponent analysis.

3. A powerful web based HUD with fast updates on as many tables as you can play with a bare minimum of system resources required of your local computer.

4. Portability since you are not tied to a local database. You just need access to a browser.

5. Mac compatibility once the small local client for PC is released in Mac version

In answer to your specific questions:

a. Would you buy cloud if you already possess HEM 2?

While we have not made a final decision yet on whether and in what form HM Cloud will be publicly released, the vision is for HM Cloud is for a companion product that offers about 80% of the analysis tools found in HM2.

The 20% of HM2's most processor intensive queries and reports (which a small % of total HM2 customers use) and the highly customizable aspects of HM2 will probably not be duplicated in HM Cloud.

Similarly, if HM Cloud is released to the general public we will most certainly offer some kind of discount or extended free access to any HM2 customers that was not available to the general public.

b. Does it mean, that after the Cloud appears, HEM 2 will stop progressing and becoming better?

HM2 is and continues to be our primary platform on which development and updates are occurring and we have no plans for that status to change.

c. Is this cloud more preferable for those, who don`t use Win7\8 PCs?

As mentioned above, HM Cloud Alpha offers an extremely powerful HUD. It also includes database tools that will meet the needs of the vast majority of existing HM2 users. Features that are unique to HM Cloud are portability, minimal local computer resources required, and tablet friendly. Those benefits are the same no matter which browser you are using.

HM2 power users that routinely run very large custom queries will likely utilize both products.

N0-L1m1T
04-29-2013, 03:13 AM
How will this new version of HEM integrate with apps like leakbuster and notecaddy? And if users have developed their own custom huds can they be integrated too?

morny
04-29-2013, 06:03 PM
How will this new version of HEM integrate with apps like leakbuster and notecaddy? And if users have developed their own custom huds can they be integrated too?

NoteCaddy will be the first app that eventually gets integrated but no decision has been made yet when it will be integrated and how much of the existing functionality will be a part of the HM Cloud software. The vision for HM Cloud is built around simplicity in both getting started with the software and using it daily. For this reason we will strive to always keep the configuration and customization options minimal.

Regarding HUD's yes you will be able to import custom hud's made with HM2 and we also plan to increase the number of pre-configured default HUD options available in cloud. In keeping with cloud's simplicity we plan to keep the configuration options for the HUD to a minimum but you will still be able to create detailed HUD's with HM2 and import them so you will have the best of both worlds.

Hope that answers your question's and if there is anything else just let us know

N0-L1m1T
04-30-2013, 02:17 AM
It sounds like your aim is for this to be a little bit "HEM lite" with the idea of facilitating mobile/roaming play first and foremost. Is that right? If so, how would we get the hands into our full stack HEMs? If I used this I'd want to get the hands into my main db asap.

fozzy71
04-30-2013, 09:15 AM
It sounds like your aim is for this to be a little bit "HEM lite" with the idea of facilitating mobile/roaming play first and foremost. Is that right? If so, how would we get the hands into our full stack HEMs? If I used this I'd want to get the hands into my main db asap.

You would just import the hands manually from your HM Cloud archive to your HM2 DB using the Hand Importing > Import Folder.

Jedi
05-02-2013, 01:46 PM
What? hope this works no data- base on PC means one less thing to fix..

fozzy71
05-02-2013, 02:08 PM
What? hope this works no data- base on PC means one less thing to fix..

The database is hosted in the cloud on our servers. The only thing installed locally is a very small client for sending hands to the cloud and retrieving the HUD data. Initial feedback from our alpha testers has all been very positive to this point and we are working on adding support for more cash game sites to the cloud client. Adding tournament support will take some time as it will require all new tournament specific reports.

AdrenalineJ84
05-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Does this run on Stars play money tables? I'd love to test but don't want to be on real money tables for that purpose. Will this run concurrently with HEM2 as well? I'm thinking of multi-tabling real & play money tables - obviously using HEM2 for the real money tables :rolleyes:

fozzy71
05-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Does this run on Stars play money tables? I'd love to test but don't want to be on real money tables for that purpose. Will this run concurrently with HEM2 as well? I'm thinking of multi-tabling real & play money tables - obviously using HEM2 for the real money tables :rolleyes:

No, it does not support play money tables. You can run HM2 and HM Cloud at the same time or you can use HM Cloud and import the hands manually to HM2 later.

NachoAce
05-06-2013, 11:06 AM
My answer is NO. I think HM2 still has some bugs from the original version.
I think you must correct it before start with another project.
When HM1 was a mature product, you started with HM2 instead of add new functionallity to HM1. And we have had a product with problems since 2 years (HM1 is faster, stable, but with less functionallity than HM2).
If you have added new functionality to HM1 and we would have charged for it, today we would have an excellent product (and probably you would won the same money with less work).
Itīs just my opinion.

centgas
06-02-2013, 09:02 AM
When you say tablet friendly, do you mean possible to play on an ipad with stats on the table?

fozzy71
06-02-2013, 09:32 AM
My answer is NO. I think HM2 still has some bugs from the original version.
I think you must correct it before start with another project.
When HM1 was a mature product, you started with HM2 instead of add new functionallity to HM1. And we have had a product with problems since 2 years (HM1 is faster, stable, but with less functionallity than HM2).
If you have added new functionality to HM1 and we would have charged for it, today we would have an excellent product (and probably you would won the same money with less work).
Itīs just my opinion.

I am sorry for the delay in reply. Since there weren't any questions for us in your post, just comments, I didn't reply previously but your comments have been seen by management. HM2 will likely never be issue free as it is so complex but I think we can agree that the remaining/open issue in HM2 are all fairly minor compared to the types of issues we we were dealing with 6 - 12 months ago. If you have any particular issues that are still causing you a lot of grief please start a new thread detailing the problems and we will help you to resolve the issues or try to bump the tickets with the developers if the issues are already documented.

When you say tablet friendly, do you mean possible to play on an ipad with stats on the table?

It means that you can currently use the web portion of HM Cloud to review your data in Chrome. It is not currently possible to see a HUD when using the ipad poker client apps. The ipad poker client apps that I am aware of do not write any local hand history files so I am not sure if it will be possible to display an up to date HUD for the current hands on the ipad in the future as I am not a developer. That is something the developers will have to investigate in the future before we can comment any further and obviously the web/pc cloud clients are the priority since it is in the very early alpha stages at this point.

hAnN18Al
08-06-2013, 03:49 AM
HM Cloud is the future. I don't wanna upgrade my system, investing in hardware, every 6 months. At that moment I can't run Mozilla, HM2, PokerStars and Skype at the same time. I dont have sufficient RAM. What if I have to play from another PC and I dont have HM2 installed there? Cloud is the solution to many problems, and the hardware costs are the most important ones.

udbrky
08-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Thank you for the feedback. These are reasons that we have developed Cloud.

hAnN18Al
08-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Please consider as quickly as possible MTT and SnG players, we are not so many if you compare us with cash players, but we are still your customers :)

fozzy71
08-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Please consider as quickly as possible MTT and SnG players, we are not so many if you compare us with cash players, but we are still your customers :)

Thank you for your interest but I don't have an ETA yet for when tournament support will be added as it will be a big project that requires parsing/import support as well as a variety of web interface design and new tournament specific reports to be done. Next on the list is cash support for more sites. Hopefully the developers will start working on tournament support sometime after that.

adahyl.garcez
10-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Is HM Cloud going to have any kind of monthly fee?

fozzy71
10-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Is HM Cloud going to have any kind of monthly fee?

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2611/HM+Cloud+Alpha+General+Questions#3

Since HM Cloud is a concept product only in Alpha release, we have not made a decision on pricing. We are focused right now on feedback from Alpha testers on the user experience and their recommendations for future versions of HM Cloud.

canuck
02-10-2014, 03:29 PM
I would pay a small upgrade fee (have paid for HM2) to get the cloud right now, just to save me all the time and stress trying to re-register my working installation and getting back to playing poker instead of playing "Mr. Windows system admin".

fozzy71
02-10-2014, 08:28 PM
I would pay a small upgrade fee (have paid for HM2) to get the cloud right now, just to save me all the time and stress trying to re-register my working installation and getting back to playing poker instead of playing "Mr. Windows system admin".

I replied to your email earlier. Cloud does not support Boss yet. We plan to start adding more sites to cloud cash game support in the near future based on their popularity and plan to eventually support all the same sites that HM2 supports. Once we have all the sites supported we will begin work on adding tournament support.

Even with cloud, if the problem is your site folder where the hands are supposed to be wrote is read only, you may still have to edit the permissions for that folder and possibly for the cloud programs folder. The only difference would be you wouldn't have to do it for the postgresql folder since cloud doesn't use PSQL. The permissions issue you are referring to is a Windows issue (that is more of an issue in W8 than in W7) that affects all trackers pretty much equally.

canuck
02-10-2014, 11:12 PM
My apologies if my comment was interpreted as a complaint. What I wanted to do is point out the benefit for people who are tired of Windows and all the related updates/security fixes/and other headaches associated with running software on your pc. I didn't mean to imply that there was an issue with HM2 :) I just want to help you add this benefit to your list, as there are s/w maintenance and support savings for us and the HM2 team when comparing cloud/hosted vs client/software.

In the meantime I was helped by support and got my HM2 up and running again, but will keep an eye on HM2 Cloud for future use when you support Boss.

Thanks!

fozzy71
02-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Thank you for your feedback. We definitely appreciate it. We will be adding more cash game support for HM Cloud in the near future and it looks like Boss is #4 on the list of new sites to support so hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.