PDA

View Full Version : Problems w Windows 7

VaderHaze
12-14-2010, 07:07 PM
I saw the sticky... Is this to fix the lack of starting up right away because of asking permission?

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

But this isnt matching up with what Im seeing.

I can only find Holdem Manager and Holdem Manager setup.

Not sure what secondary login is but when I look in "services" there are no holdem manager files.

Also whenI search for holdemmanager.exe it says no files found.

VaderHaze
12-14-2010, 09:31 PM
I recently got a new computer and had to have my lisence # sent to me from CardRunners. I entered the lisence # and verified my account. Now it asked to do it again. Will I need to do this everytime OR is this an issue with Windows as well?

Patvs
12-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Your two issues are probably related for HoldemManager.exe not having proper administrator privileges.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe
(and manually run a Windows Update and install ALL system updates)

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator.

Or even better: just turn off Windows User Account Control completely (control panel--> user accounts) and reboot.

---

The two services that must be running are:
secondary logon and PostgreSQL.
There is NO HoldemManager service.