PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem during backup database

F0ld3mmm
12-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi,

I am facing a strange dificult when trying to make the backup of my database. It is occuring an error with one of the files, which is said to be empty or non existent. I realy don't know what to do, since my hand histories should be there - my HEM is working properly, I do have almost 1 million hands.

tks

Patvs
12-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Did you ever purge hands?

Try to backup the database using pgadminIII: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Backup & Restore Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database)

F0ld3mmm
12-18-2010, 01:16 PM
No, I did never purge hands. Why?

I tryed pgadm, but at one point I must type a password that I have no clue which one is. Is there any other way to back up my DB?

F0ld3mmm
12-18-2010, 01:38 PM
OK, I still didn't never purge hands, but at least I could find out the password.

The problem, however, persists. The Database with my name (which I supose is mine Database) is said to be non existent. The same kind of thing was happening while trying to back up via the regular way.

What now?

Patvs
12-18-2010, 07:03 PM
In your program files/PostgreSQL folder/
what subfolders are in there?

only /8.4

Did you reinstall a different version of SQL?
Can't you abandon the old database and reimport your original handhistories into a new database?