PDA

View Full Version : poker tools all on external harddrive

nsynclovr
12-13-2010, 02:54 AM
hello I was wondering if this scenario is possible.

I want to have all my poker stuff on a external ssd. (client, hem, ninja, xpadder)

-is it possible to lets say play poker on one computer. finish. bring harddrive to another house, and load up to which ever computer that i bring my hd too?
-if so, are there extra steps I need to do other than just installing everything onto my external?
-if so, won't this interfere with postgresSQL?

thanks

Sarek
12-13-2010, 05:28 AM
you can install pokerclients, HM and other stuff on external drive and they works
problem is to set up Postgre
if you install it at this external - you have to start PostgreSQL server manually (via start menu) every time you connect external drive to PC

or you can put it's EXE files and DLLs in default path (ProgramFiles or so on) on both PCs and set database cluster path to this external
see here FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Move Database to Another Hard Drive or Partition (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/368/Move+Database+to+Another+Hard+Drive+or+Partition)
but you have to reboot PC with external connected to it - otherwise Postgre don't start without database cluster
and drive letter of this external must be the same on both PCs