PDA

View Full Version : More help with Postgres

werpennstate23
11-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Ok using Internet Explorer worked for saving Postgres...now I'm having problems with step #5...after entering all of the information as pictured I get the response saying unknown user or bad password

fabio
11-09-2008, 09:14 AM
just use another account name, for example "poker".

werpennstate23
11-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks Fabio that worked. Now I get to the next screen (step #8) and when I enter the password it comes up with another error. "The specified data directory is not empty. If you have an existing database with the same major version number, you do not need to initialize a database cluster. If you have an existing database with a different major version you need to backup your old database and create a new one."

morny
11-09-2008, 08:48 PM
You have an old SQL database might be a HM one or a PT one, if you want to use this database just untick the box near the top "Initialise Database Cluster" or if you want to start fresh abandon the installation and delete the C:\PostgreSQL folder and reinstall PostgreSQL and you wont get that error but youll lose all your old databases

Madcow40
11-10-2008, 11:09 AM
You have an old SQL database might be a HM one or a PT one, if you want to use this database just untick the box near the top "Initialise Database Cluster" or if you want to start fresh abandon the installation and delete the C:\PostgreSQL folder and reinstall PostgreSQL and you wont get that error but youll lose all your old databases

I have the same problem and what u suggest does NOT work for me. (have vista).

What to do?

How can i delete the old SQL database for real?

morny
11-10-2008, 01:14 PM
What dosent work? Just go to the PostgreSQL folder and delete it