PDA

View Full Version : Delete hands without showdown.

Likurg
12-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Hi.
I have a big database and for some reason, I want to leave only these hands, which were shown at showdown. So, in other words, I'd like to delete all hands without showdown. Is that possible?
Tnx

P.S I've seen "Purge Hands" Tab in Settings dialog, but there is no such filter..

Sarek
12-11-2010, 11:12 AM
You can do this via Settings - Observed HH configuration - Purge HH options
This will delete hand histories textes itself - so you can't view them in Replayer. But all stats remain. Doing so will reduce your DB size - just make DB vacuum via PGadmin after.

Likurg
12-11-2010, 11:18 AM
ok,tnx

Likurg
12-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi again. Is it possible to delete not just hand history text, but all hands(information about hands, ie database records), which were not went to showdown?

If stats won't remain - doesn't matter.

The problem is, that I want to use Holdem Vision, which of course uses only hands with showdown(at least functionality I am interested in). Because I have really big database, all queries of Holdem Vision take a LOT of time. ( and that is not because of my computer, operating system, and probably, not because of bug in Holdem Vision - just database is too big)

Patvs
12-14-2010, 12:11 AM
You can use the filter: SAW SHOWDOWN = FALSE
Then manually delete all the hands.
(I'd add a date filter and delete the hands month by month)

Or you could create a new database: options--> settings---> observed HH Configuration--> setup it up so it only imports hands where you "saw showdown" , reimport all your hands into this new database and use this much smaller database for HoldemVision.

Likurg
12-14-2010, 03:28 PM
That would be more-less easy, with hands I played myself.
But what to do with data-mined hands, where I don't know who is "hero" player.
Choosing some random player, delete all hands with filter(showdown = false), choosing another random player and so on would be VERY TIME CONSUMING, because database is really big.

P.S Maybe is there some sql query, where I just need to put some filters(in "where" clause) and run it?

Patvs
12-14-2010, 08:44 PM
What happens if you reimport the datamined hands into a new database: with the options--> settings---> observed HH Configuration--> setup it up so it only imports hands where you "saw showdown"?

Do the datamined hands have showdowns (and display both players holecards), if two players go allin before the river?

Likurg
12-15-2010, 04:33 AM
1) Reimporting is an option, but problem is, that I don't have hand history files not only for data-mined hands, but also for hands I played myself( Ok, probably some hands are in Archive, but not all ).

2) Data-mined hands - like simple hands, some of them have showdown, some of them - not. If two players will go all-in, both players cards will be displayed.
Again, there is an option, to choose random player, delete all hands(Showdown=False), choose another random player, again delete all hands(Showdown=False), but it will be very time consuming.

Sarek
12-15-2010, 05:48 AM
affraid this is the only way