PDA

View Full Version : All in preflop stats

sjswail
04-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi,
I feel as though I am running incredibly bad when I get it all in preflop either pushing or folding (I play 2/5/20 table turbo sitngos) and have been trying to figure out a way in Holdem Manager 1 to determine how I am running. The only thing I have come up with it to set the filter to all in preflop then run the Winning summary report and compare the Winnings to $(ev adjusted). According to this I am running very bad however I am not sure that I am using this right. My take on this is that the Winnings column represents the actual chips won and the $(EV adjusted) column represents my expected winnings in chips based on my hand vs what I am up against. Is this correct? Is there a better way to figure out how I am running when all in pre flop? BTW with the Allin Preflop filter I have 4757 hands is this a large enough sample size to tell me anything useful?
Thanks.

DogNamedBluff
04-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Moved to HM1 forum.

sjswail
04-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Hey,
This seems like a straight forward question about stats that should be easy for someone from Holdem Manager to answer as Holdem Manager is basically all about stats. So can someone please answer this.
Thanks.

udbrky
04-17-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this and I apologize for the delay. I have escalated this to our 2nd level support techs and have explained the issues you are having and they will be in touch shortly to help resolve the problem.

Patvs
04-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Don't use the cEV in reports to focus on luck in SNGs. This isn't very useful, since you can for example win a coinflip early in the game (winning 1500 chips), but then lose a coinflip in the late stages where you lose a lot more chips (losing 4500 chips). In the reports, it will show you were 'unlucky' based on the amount of chips you won/lost.

You're playing single tables games rights? Regular or Turbo STTs? (and not hyper turbo's)
Instead, go to the graph, and turn on the 'luck adjusted winnings line' which will take the same 'allin hands' but apply the ICM on them, taking into account the price distribution. In fact even hands where you FOLD preflop, can still result in a EV Diff (for the luck adjusted winnings line), when two opponents play a big hand, where the outcome of that hand affects you.

How many games have you played?

sjswail
04-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the response.
I was playing STT turbos and regulars but switched to 18/45/180 man turbos and in fact now I think I will stick to the 45 man turbos.
I am aware of the "luck adjusted winnings line" but as you said it is only works for STT (it shows I was running pretty bad for STT).
I have 4459 tourneys in my Hold em Manager database 2880 for STT the rest for MTT.
When you say cEV is that the same as the "$(EV adjusted) in the Winning Summary report?
I think I now get why the cEV would not work for determining how you are running when all in preflop.
Is there nothing else I can use in the reports or else where to see how I am running when all in preflop?

Patvs
04-19-2013, 10:12 AM
HM1: If you add $ (EV Adjusted) to the report, the winnings and $ (EV Adjusted) will basically show you how many chips you won (Winnings) and the chipEV ($ (EV Adjusted)).
There is no way to really see how 'lucky' you've been in MTTs in HM1.

Nor is there in HM2,... but for HM2 we do have plans to add a chips in number of big blinds stat.
So in tournament reports, it will show number of big blinds you won vs EV bb you won.

sjswail
04-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Ok thanks!
One last question in the winning summarry report would it be pretty standard to always have a "winnings" column that is negative and a "$(EV adjusted)" column that is positive? Because that is the way mine always shows. As of right now "winnings" column is negative 6065039.00 and "$(EV adjusted)" column is positive 2346850.91.

Patvs
04-19-2013, 09:20 PM
For a STT player, they should both be positive.

For a MTT player, the 'winnings' column can still be positive, but you'll need to occasionally WIN a MTT.

Let's assume you play 10x MTTs (starting stack 1500.... 45 players). If you lose 9.... and in one game, finish in 2th place---> you'll lose 10x 1500 chips. If you lose 9 and win one game, finishing in 1th place---> you'll lose 9x 1500x chips and win 44 * 1500 chips.

sjswail
04-19-2013, 11:17 PM
They are both positive for me without a filter STT and MTT but as I said I am using the all in preflop filter to determine how I am running when all in preflop. When I filter it like this that is when I get the negative winnings column and positive $(EV adjusted) column. However after your post I ran it for STT only and they are still positive with or without the all in preflop filter but MTT are negative with the all in preflop filter and positive without it.

udbrky
04-23-2013, 10:02 PM
If you add up the chips w/l, does it show differently than the total shows?