PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Postgres (connection to DB failed: Connection refused))

Isac
12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi,

I really need help.

Haven't opened HEM for about a week and when I wanted to I couldn't connect to the DB, so I did the basic postgress trouble solution guideline - but with no help.

I found this post http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/8182-fix-postgresql-cannot-start-error-127-0-0-1-a.html

And as It's the exact same problem I have i tried it, however the fix didn't work for me so I uninstalled both HEM and PostgresSQ, and installed the newest combo installer but again gets this error.

(edit, HEM setup error: Sorry could not install PostgreSQL)

=====running PsqlTestClient
try userid: postgres
try pass: postgrespass
try pass: postgrespass
Connection to DB failed: --> could not connect to sercer: Connection refused (...Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
<--error

testclient return status: 1
testclient return from file: 1

_____

My hosts file looks like the one posted in the link:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

----

/ Isac

Sarek
12-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Have you read this?
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can&#039;t Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

Isac
12-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah I did that one once, completely uninstall HEM+Postgress, uninstall Kaspersky. And then install HEM+Postgress again with the combo installer.

However, I understand that it might be an issue connected to Windows Firewall (which I might have forgotten to turn off becase I have the processes noted as , so I'll try the whole procedure again and let you know the result. Hopefully it works.

Isac
12-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi again,

Finally got HEM running.

Found out it was a KasperSky 2011 sercurity issue.

You should update the faq for Kaspersky related postgres issues with the following.

Kaspersky Firewall: Make sure that all programs are allowed. Also the programs on the low risk and not trusted list (might be different words in the english version).
My problem were likely becasue of this, as I did had followed the guidelines around here, and this was the last change I made before I got HEM running.

Also, the HEM DB control,the HEM import and sercerctl.vbs ( c:\program files\postgresql\8.4\scripts\serverctl.vbs ) was not listed under none trusted programs before I allowed all trusted programs and got HEM running.

Maybe someone can use this as the Kaspersky 2011 products gets more popular...

/Isac