PDA

View Full Version : Import errors

Metttyu
12-08-2010, 08:20 AM
I have some trouble with importing files. I bought some hands from HandHQ, and try to import them but HM can't import 90% of them. Why is that? Auto-importing works fine.

I tried to make a whole new database with postgresql and import all my hands and handhq hands, but it didn't work either, lots of import errors with my own hands too.

I use Windows 7 32-bit, the newest version of HM.

Please help!

netsrak
12-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Which site are the hands from?

Please check your windows regional settings (under control panel). Are you using a non standard setting for the date / currency formats?
If you change it to english (usa) and try to import the hands - does it work?

Metttyu
12-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Which site are the hands from?

Please check your windows regional settings (under control panel). Are you using a non standard setting for the date / currency formats?
If you change it to english (usa) and try to import the hands - does it work?

Thanks for the reply,

I'm using default settings for my country, Hungary. I changed it to english (USA) try to import, but it didn't work.

The hands are from HandHQ, PS, Microgaming, all of them in txt. (The PS and Microgaming hands exported from HM.)

Patvs
12-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Email or just post one of the hands in this thread (or email one to support@holdemmanager.com )

Is the date formatting on your computer set to M/d/yyyy (good) or d/M/yyyy (might cause problems)

Metttyu
12-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Email or just post one of the hands in this thread (or email one to support@holdemmanager.com )

Is the date formatting on your computer set to M/d/yyyy (good) or d/M/yyyy (might cause problems)

Date format is M/d/yyyy.

PokerStars Game #53816899431: Hold'em Limit ($1/$2 USD) - 2010/12/06 7:57:44 ET
Table 'Portia' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: kolaz03 ($27.75 in chips)
Seat 2: 13demon ($98.75 in chips)
Seat 3: TRIGOSF33 ($82 in chips)
Seat 4: Feitsch ($75.25 in chips)
Seat 6: Manuroth ($16.75 in chips)
13demon: posts small blind $0.50
TRIGOSF33: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Feitsch: folds
Manuroth: folds
kolaz03: folds
13demon: folds
Uncalled bet ($0.50) returned to TRIGOSF33
TRIGOSF33 collected $1 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1 | Rake $0
Seat 1: kolaz03 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: 13demon (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: TRIGOSF33 (big blind) collected ($1)
Seat 4: Feitsch folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Manuroth folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Patvs
12-08-2010, 07:53 PM
This hand imported just fine on my computer.

Can you run the update again: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Reboot your computer--> create a new database--> try to reimport the hands.

Metttyu
12-08-2010, 08:44 PM
This hand imported just fine on my computer.

Can you run the update again: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Reboot your computer--> create a new database--> try to reimport the hands.

Tried. Doesn't work either. Lots of import errors. Tried to convert the utf-8 coded txt's to ANSI but no change. :(

Patvs
12-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Which SQL version are you using??

Can you install a different version on a different portnumber (for example SQL 9.0.1 to port 5433) to see if you also get errors in that.

--

You have no import issues with regular handhistories? When you play at the times.... only with the purchases hands from HandHQ?

Metttyu
12-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Which SQL version are you using??

Can you install a different version on a different portnumber (for example SQL 9.0.1 to port 5433) to see if you also get errors in that.

--

You have no import issues with regular handhistories? When you play at the times.... only with the purchases hands from HandHQ?

I'm using 8.4

I'm tried 9.0.1 with port 5433, same problem import errors with different hand histories. (My own PS hands exported by HM, my own Microgaming hands exported by HM, HandHQ hands)

I'm on tilt because of this, but thank you very much for helping me and sorry for my poor english.

Maybe I have to reinstall my entire windows system...

netsrak
12-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Don't know what is wrong with your system as the hand did import for pat.

You can send us some hands to support@holdemmanager.com so we can check it with more hands.

Metttyu
12-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Don't know what is wrong with your system as the hand did import for pat.

You can send us some hands to support@holdemmanager.com so we can check it with more hands.

Good news!!! I shut down some of my programs and manage to import all my hands (more than 700k) without an error. The programs are: utorrent, windows live messenger, skype, zonealarm firewall, avira antivirus. I don't know what causes the problem but I'm very happy about the ending. Now if someone has a problem about import errors, he can try to shutdown some programs and try again.

DBizzle
02-09-2011, 03:04 AM
I had the same problem, turned off zonealarm skype and windows live messenger and was able to import hands. :)