PDA

View Full Version : Hold'em manager not working on new notebook

willem1990
12-08-2010, 06:15 AM
Hello,

I bought myself a new notebook (Dell XPS 15). It runs on Win 7 Prof 64-bit.

What happens? when i first installed it, it made a USER ACCOUNT for postgresql. I deleted that and reinstalled HEM. But now i keep getting this message:

The following error accurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.01

I press Ok.I get the Database Control Panel and press connect and i get this message:

A connection to Postgresql could not be made. Woul you like to have HEM attempt to start the service? i press yes and get this message. Sorry holdem manager was unable to start the service.

I run it as admin. Don't have UAC on...

I need a solution fast, i wanna grind

netsrak
12-08-2010, 09:26 AM
You deleted the Postgresql Account? This means your database server will not work.

Please download and install postgresql 8.4 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org).

Its only possible to hide the postgresql account after the installation:
Remove User Accounts From the Logon Screen in Windows Vista - How-To Geek (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-user-accounts-from-the-logon-screen-in-windows-vista/)

willem1990
12-08-2010, 10:18 AM
i deleted it because i thought it was a mistake... My previous version of win 7 didn't do this...

EDIT: just reinstalled everything. I tried the HM setup and got this message: Sorry, could not install PostgreSQL.

Tried to install it manually, doesn't work either

Patvs
12-08-2010, 07:18 PM
click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

Try a different SQL version. Try SQL 9.0.1 (64 bit).. if that one fails try 8.2.18

willem1990
12-09-2010, 03:02 PM
setted pw... Port: 5432

got this error message: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
The database cluster initialisation failed.

gg, no poker for me i guess

Sarek
12-09-2010, 07:07 PM
uninstall Postgre
delete user (as described above)
delete entire folder c:\ProgramFiles\Posgtresql
make sure disk file system is NTFS
and install it again

willem1990
12-09-2010, 07:18 PM
i did all this stuff already.... i just did it again. Trying again to install HEM + database.

netsrak
12-10-2010, 04:33 AM
Please try this release: PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.18/win32/postgresql-8.2.18-1.zip)

Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?

willem1990
12-10-2010, 08:06 AM
I got the new Mcafee security center
That should be the only program that i use.
I don't use registery cleaners because they delete my HH's :)

EDIT: nah it doesn't work again.... I can proceed after this error message but HEM won't work.
This is just annoying...

morny
12-10-2010, 08:45 PM
The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services as its needed to install postgreSQL, when you do that please uninstall Mcafee completely and try installing 8.4 and 8.3 again.

If its still not installing and your having so many issues it sounds like their might be something corrupt on your system, ive seen a lot of PostgreSQL errors but that last one is a new one for me and it sounds like and advanced postgreSQL issue your having so might be best to try one of the PostgreSQL forums and see if someone has suggestions there in the meantime.

My advice would be to run windows update and if that doesnt work trying reinstalling windows or wait for a response in the PostgreSQL forums.

Assuming you followed the above instructions theres not really anything else we could do in a remote session as it basically works or it doesnt and there isn't tweaks you can make to the installer other than just pressing next.