PDA

View Full Version : Can I swap my 2 licenses in and out b/t 3 computers?

domino66
12-08-2010, 03:36 AM
Just like the title asks...I know I only get 2 licenses, but does that mean I just can't run more than 2 instances of HEM at once?

Is there anything wrong with installing HEM on my 2 home computers, and then once / month when I'm traveling moving one of the licenses from 1 of my home computers to my traveling laptop?

Will I be able to simply move the license BACK when I get back home without having lost any of the HHs that were in the DB i de-activate?

netsrak
12-08-2010, 04:43 AM
You will need to reset your key every time you switch:

Create an account on our homepage Hold'Em Manager Poker Tracking and Analysis Software (http://www.holdemmanager.com) (if you not already have one there). Login and enter your key. You will now see functions (Reset all profiles) to reset your license key.

domino66
12-09-2010, 03:16 PM
You will need to reset your key every time you switch:

Create an account on our homepage Hold'Em Manager Poker Tracking and Analysis Software (http://www.holdemmanager.com) (if you not already have one there). Login and enter your key. You will now see functions (Reset all profiles) to reset your license key.

Thanks for the instruction, although I'm still not 100% clear on just how it works / how re-setting my license key ("LK") operates.

When I re-set my LK, will I 'lose' all of my HHs, or will HEM simply not be able to be operated? In other words, once I "reset", what happens to the computers on which I have HEM installed? Will it simply prompt me for a new LK the next time I try to run HEM? And when I enter the new key, will my DBs be there and functional, or will all of the HHs I had have to be re-uploaded? Hope that Q made sense.

Veteran68
12-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Resetting your activations doesn't affect your database and HHs. You just can't run HEM until you active it again, but it doesn't self-destruct or anything.

Sarek
12-09-2010, 06:36 PM
correct
you don't loose anything, all data remains in place,
HM simply don't start on this PC without activation