PDA

View Full Version : Bodog

johnboy7541
12-06-2010, 10:52 PM
I just installed Bodog Poker and I'm trying to use HEM with it but I'm having problems. I've added the auto-import folder: C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\HEM Data and it appears the hands are saved there (I'm not exactly sure how the hand grabber works for Bodog).

None of the hands get imported and the HUD launches but only my stats are shown, not anyone else's. I've used the HEM with Stars and Full Tilt no problems. I've read the FAQ's on Bodog and am not sure where to go from here.

netsrak
12-07-2010, 05:14 AM
We have problems with the Bodog import at the moment. You should use the idleminer handgrabber instead until we fix this.

johnboy7541
12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the reply. I don't know much about the idleminer hand grabber. I went to their website and it looks like it's $50. Is there any free alternative? And if not how long before HEM fixes their handgrabber?

netsrak
12-08-2010, 04:52 AM
We are working on it but i can't give you an ETA

Veteran68
12-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the reply. I don't know much about the idleminer hand grabber. I went to their website and it looks like it's $50. Is there any free alternative? And if not how long before HEM fixes their handgrabber?
Idleminer's free trial works for 1000 hands. Unless you grind exclusively at Bodog (which is kind of hard to do compared to Stars or Tilt, since there aren't as many games running and tables & SnGs take forever to fill), 1000 hands will last you awhile, and hopefully by then HEM will have something working. My trial is still working and I've played there quite a bit.

newgrassman
12-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Can I get the clock to start over on my trial HEM version while you work out the bugs?

Sarek
12-11-2010, 05:21 AM
send email to sales@holdemmanager.com

hugobrynner
12-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Idleminer's free trial works for 1000 hands. Unless you grind exclusively at Bodog (which is kind of hard to do compared to Stars or Tilt, since there aren't as many games running and tables & SnGs take forever to fill), 1000 hands will last you awhile, and hopefully by then HEM will have something working. My trial is still working and I've played there quite a bit.

i play 2 times a week at bodog and play almost 1000 hands at a time, and you say that there are no tables there??
you are right about the sng's but the cash table seems to be fine there lot's of juicy fish, but hey stay at full tilt or stars, that means more for me :-)

Veteran68
12-13-2010, 10:07 PM
i play 2 times a week at bodog and play almost 1000 hands at a time, and you say that there are no tables there??
you are right about the sng's but the cash table seems to be fine there lot's of juicy fish, but hey stay at full tilt or stars, that means more for me :-)
Well, I didn't say there were no tables there. I said not many. Which is very true, compared to Stars and Tilt. Most times I want to play, I'm lucky to find 2 that I can get into at 50NL or 100NL without waiting forever. I play there probably more than twice a week, and it took me forever to accumulate 1000 hands there. Of course I'm mixing in MTTs & SnGs which Idleminer didn't track. Now I can play 1000 hands easy in a single session at FT, but there they have many more tables to choose from and I'm not limited to playing 4 tables.

You're right about them being incredibly soft, though, which is the only reason I tolerate their crappy software and cashout hassles.

newgrassman
12-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Has the hand recorded been fixed for Bodog?

Sarek
12-16-2010, 06:05 AM
we are working on it

newgrassman
12-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks. looking forward to buying this product when you have that patch fixed.

newgrassman
12-20-2010, 07:37 PM
any progress on the bodog hand history compiler?

mdroz247
12-24-2010, 05:16 PM
bump

any progress on the bodog hand history compiler?

+1

Sarek
12-25-2010, 07:01 AM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/poker-site-support/40616-multi-table-pkr-issue.html#post194428

Self Made
12-25-2010, 02:29 PM
And Bodog also has now expressed that HoldemManager should STOP development on a internal handgrabber. (but Idleminer didn't stop, so using their handgrabber you can still fully use HM on Bodog)

So grabbers/HUDs aren't against Bodog's TOS, PokerTracker is compatible with Bodog, but HM won't make it compatible? I just want to be clear here.

Silentnoise
12-25-2010, 02:33 PM
So they have asked HM to stop developing the internal hand grabber..but are you going to stop? or just do it anyway? i say do it anyway, or give some money back to customers who aren't able to use this feature anymore.

the problem is if HM is added to the banned software on bodog. but maybe HM can go rogue like poker-edge. poker-edge is on the banned list on most sites, but they have found a way of hiding the fact the software is running from the pokersites. you have to launch the pokersite from within poker-edge. maybe HM can do something similar.

i suggest you make a freeware program which isn't officially linked to holdem manager and post it on the twoplustwo software forum. holdemmanager can claim they have nothing to do with the product. people can then use that as an alternative to paying an extra 50$ for the idleminer software. everytime that hand grabber is detected by bodog and banned, you could rename the exe or something and rerelease.

please let us know what HM plans to do before loads of customers start buying idleminer only to find out 2weeks later that the HM grabber works again.

mdroz247
12-25-2010, 05:36 PM
So grabbers/HUDs aren't against Bodog's TOS, PokerTracker is compatible with Bodog, but HM won't make it compatible? I just want to be clear here.

Yeah I was talking to a few regs on Bodog and they say poker tracker works perfectly fine for them on there. So it doesnt make a lot of sense to me why HM cannot be compatible on Bodog. Am I missing something?

B-Money
12-26-2010, 03:58 PM
As of this time we don't have plans to support our internal hand grabber for Bodog moving forward. Bodog still works with a HUD and imports hands with Idleminer as it has in the past. Making hand histories for a site that doesn't write hand histories is prone to errors when the client is updated. We've made the decision to focus development resources on areas of Holdem Manager allowing us to improve features for all users.

-HM

Eclipse86
12-28-2010, 10:49 AM
does anyone know if I can use PT3's built in Bodog Handgrabber to work with HEM, instead of the idleminer handgrabber?

Basically I want to use HEM's HUD but will be using PT3 to do the handgrabbing work.

Is this possible?

Will HEM be able to import the hands that PT3 gets from bodog?

Patvs
12-28-2010, 03:48 PM
In theory this should be possible.
Just add the folder where PT3 saves the hands as a import folder in HM.

(similarly as you would use the Idleminer handgrabber)

drexah
01-22-2011, 09:16 PM
handgrabber is currently not working with the new software release from bodog. just figured i'd give a heads up and ask if this is being worked on.

Veteran68
01-22-2011, 11:22 PM
handgrabber is currently not working with the new software release from bodog. just figured i'd give a heads up and ask if this is being worked on.

Not from HEM, there's nothing for them to do. They're not working on anything for Bodog anymore, per Bodog's request.

The Minder
01-23-2011, 07:57 PM
In theory this should be possible.
Just add the folder where PT3 saves the hands as a import folder in HM.

(similarly as you would use the Idleminer handgrabber)
I'm not sure if this would work. I'm one of those who use PT3 as my primary tracker but also use HM for elements that PT3 does not cover... essentially PT3 is the primary and HM fired up when needed.

I've noticed that some sites like FTP, lock the HH file, although PT3 can still read it. However, the HH file is not always transfered (or at least 'completed') to the PT3 'processed' directory until FTP is shut down. Thus, if you are trying to run a HM HUD from data in a PT3 processed directory, you may not get the results you expect. I haven't, and won't, test this on Bodog.

My 2c worth.

Patvs
01-24-2011, 03:11 AM
So is there a temp. folder where PT3 saves "grabbed hands" before they're moved to their processed hands folder?

The Minder
01-24-2011, 03:42 AM
So is there a temp. folder where PT3 saves "grabbed hands" before they're moved to their processed hands folder?

Not that I can see... and I run my system with 'view hidden/system files' as default. I even looked up in the /Documents and Settings/ area and there is nothing there. As a final check I did a system wide search on the HH file name currently being used and the only instance was the original file in the '/Full Tilt Poker/HandHistory/username/ directory.

bigwhiskey
02-04-2011, 08:05 PM
My handgrabber isn't working and Idleminer hasn't contacted me in two days. I wonder if they are working on a fix?

B-Money
02-04-2011, 08:22 PM
My handgrabber isn't working and Idleminer hasn't contacted me in two days. I wonder if they are working on a fix?

I just played Bodog with handgrabber. Hands import and HUD displays. Check the output folder for handgrabber and that it's actually creating hands. Once you've checked that, try to import those hands into HM.

There's a build coming out in a couple hours, but no Bodog work was done.

-B

bigwhiskey
02-04-2011, 09:22 PM
I just played Bodog with handgrabber. Hands import and HUD displays. Check the output folder for handgrabber and that it's actually creating hands. Once you've checked that, try to import those hands into HM.

There's a build coming out in a couple hours, but no Bodog work was done.

-B

The grabber started working again this evening.:) I have no clue why it started working. I did have to point the output folder to the correct folder. Thanks.

N0-L1m1T
02-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Not from HEM, there's nothing for them to do. They're not working on anything for Bodog anymore, per Bodog's request.

What request?

Patvs
02-07-2011, 12:48 AM
What request?

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/198487-post4.html

redempt1on
02-07-2011, 02:10 AM
The grabber started working again this evening.:) I have no clue why it started working. I did have to point the output folder to the correct folder. Thanks.

Yes, they released a update yesterday. If u have auto-update enabled u wouldn't notice this.

But it still works only for cashgames. Since I'm more a tournament player still no stats/HUD for me on Bodog.

Also today i discovered that Holdem Indicator, (an odds calculator that also tracks your hands and shows a few stats, since a few months even a HUD) reads both the HH cashgames and tournament hands, and actually saves them in a specified folder.
Problem with tournament hands is that the program is not able to put them on their HUD. I actually get the right stats, but only in some kind of player list in a different window. Stats are also pretty basic (vp$ip/pfr/af/wtsd/3bet/cbet/winnings).

I put the stas folder in my HM autoread folders, but only get import errors for all the hands.

Am I wrong to think this can be fixed by some minor adjustments by HM?

Patvs
02-07-2011, 03:23 AM
It can be fixed. I'm not sure if it will though.
HoldemManager currently only supports the Idleminer grabbed handhistory format.

You can try sending us a HoldemIndicator grabbed handhistory. I'm curious how it differs in the file formatting.

redempt1on
02-07-2011, 08:14 AM
email with HH 2 files included send to support@holdemmanager.com

Veteran68
02-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Interesting: I have a HoldemIndicator license, it was my very first poker software when I started playing online a few years ago. Of course once I discovered PT and then HEM I never looked back at it. If HEM could read HI's hands, that would be a huge help.

redempt1on
02-08-2011, 04:55 PM
I took a closer look in the tournament history files and noticed that the chipstack is unknown or $ 0,00 in every players first hand, and is correct in all following hands.. This means all players at your table in the very first hand but also every player that joins the table in future hands when another gets eliminated.

I guess this could possible cause the import errors and incomplete hands when HM tries to import these files.

Sarek
02-09-2011, 04:50 AM
and this info in HH is provided from Idleminer? Than ask their support

Veteran68
02-11-2011, 06:11 PM
and this info in HH is provided from Idleminer? Than ask their support
Not certain but my assumption is he was talking about Hold'em Indicator. As mentioned in an earlier post, it currently works with Bodog just fine, and we were wondering if HEM could be persuaded to import its grabbed hands.

B-Money
02-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Here's a recent news article about Bodog and their stance on hand histories.
Bodog to Block Data Mining Sites (http://www.pokernewsdaily.com/bodog-to-block-data-mining-sites-18036/)

Not saying we are stopping support on Bodog, but they've also let us know they are not HUD friendly.

Self Made
02-11-2011, 07:14 PM
They haven't changed their T&C.

Veteran68
02-11-2011, 10:02 PM
And while they may not be HUD friendly, their latest efforts seem to be aimed at the datamining sites like PTR more so than tracking software. I have no problem with shutting down datamining.

But I should be able to capture my own hands from my own games. We're having an ongoing discussion of this over at CardsChat where a Bodog rep hangs out. I doubt it will change anything of course, but many of us are letting them know how we feel about it, and I would encourage everyone here to join the chorus via emails, forum posts, PMs, or whatever.

Of course there are the usual ignorant (losing) players who are cheering the loss of tracking software and HUDs because you can't use them in live play so it *must* be cheating. :rolleyes: But there's also many letting Bodog know they'll be taking their games elsewhere, or were thinking of signing up and depositing but have now reconsidered due to this approach.

GrindUnumb
02-19-2011, 12:29 PM
They haven't changed their T&C.

Confirmed. All those websites they list still have complete support too.