PDA

View Full Version : new install, nc barely working

spoutnic
04-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Hi,

I just reinstalled windows on a new ssd. I installed hm2, imported my database from hm2archives. I then import my nce package. I had nce on my previous installation and note taking was working just fine.

Now, it seems like it barely takes note; halfway in the note taking process, through my 260k hh db, using tool/players notes, i had 10 3bet instance on me for exemple. Wich is impossible. I noticed i was missing about 1/2 my badges i had on my personnal hud in the hm2 hh replayer too. Something is wrong. nostrakan looked at it, and can confirm it. Like nc barely does its job.

Any help to get back grinding with a faster setup will be appreciated.

scoobediah
04-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey spoutnic,

nostrakhan here..I guess after the reinstallation it was still acting funny? Did you do the logging yet for a specific player?

From the NoteCaddy Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.ashx): "A player (or all players) have no notes or are missing a single noteś

If notes are missing for a single player or multiple players, click tools->player notes. If notes do appear there, go to section "logging the retrieval of a note". If they do not, you will need to log the note creation for a single player. Go to file->settings->database settings and enter the player's name where it says "log a specific player". It is best if you copy paste this because the name needs to be exact including capitalization. That means if you enter a name like "bob" it won't log the player "BOB" so be very careful. Next click file->reset notes. When that finishes, go to the start page and click "create notes for unprocessed hands based on active definitions". Wait for that to finish then close NoteCaddy/HM2. Finally, follow the instructions for submitting the log file to support as indicated in this post. You would only need to do this for a single player."

Instructions to send a log: How to make a log and send it to support (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?477-How-to-make-a-log-and-send-it-to-support)

sreticentv
04-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Are you seeing the same amount of notes or more when you run seek on the 3 bet definition you referred to?

spoutnic
04-10-2013, 01:28 PM
I dont know what/where the seek command is. I got 0/25 possibilities on 3bet on my 260k hh database. I checked a few regs, and it looks like i have everything on them. Looks like. Thats my problem. Nc might have missed lots of instance and i will not notice. Worst, it might only note specific spots and give me a totally wrong number. I dont know what is happening, and i would question much less if i had 0 nc notes, i would nothing is working. Now i dont know what is working and what isnt.

I feel like hm2 is getting everything; the instance number in () feels ok for 3bet and cb.

When i use tool/players notes, i confirm i see the same x/x numbers than the hm2 hud nc popups shows me. Like 3bet is 0/25

spoutnic
04-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Hey spoutnic,

nostrakhan here..I guess after the reinstallation it was still acting funny? Did you do the logging yet for a specific player?

From the NoteCaddy Wiki (http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCaddy.ashx): "A player (or all players) have no notes or are missing a single noteś

If notes are missing for a single player or multiple players, click tools->player notes. If notes do appear there, go to section "logging the retrieval of a note". If they do not, you will need to log the note creation for a single player. Go to file->settings->database settings and enter the player's name where it says "log a specific player". It is best if you copy paste this because the name needs to be exact including capitalization. That means if you enter a name like "bob" it won't log the player "BOB" so be very careful. Next click file->reset notes. When that finishes, go to the start page and click "create notes for unprocessed hands based on active definitions". Wait for that to finish then close NoteCaddy/HM2. Finally, follow the instructions for submitting the log file to support as indicated in this post. You would only need to do this for a single player."

Instructions to send a log: How to make a log and send it to support (http://assaultwareforums.com/showthread.php?477-How-to-make-a-log-and-send-it-to-support)

Cant find that function btw. I enabled logging while creating notes, and barely creating notes for me and maybe other players.

Other fact: i had reimported a lighter database a few weeks ago with my old windows install, on reg hdd, without any problems. I reimported the same hm2archives files and had problems.

spoutnic
04-10-2013, 06:25 PM
I checked a few more players 3bet stats and i have a bigger sample from the hm2 popups than the nc note. Things like 211 instances on hm2 and 162 in the nc note.

sreticentv
04-11-2013, 08:33 AM
You can use hm2 filters to find hands where there was a 3 bet and you can use the player note history in NC to see which hands got the 3 bet notes. If you find one that hm2 has that NC doesn't feel free to post it here with your definition so I can check why it didn't get a note. Also, here notes are disabled by default which may have had something to do with you not getting enough notes.

pmania
04-13-2013, 09:33 AM
You can use hm2 filters to find hands where there was a 3 bet and you can use the player note history in NC to see which hands got the 3 bet notes. If you find one that hm2 has that NC doesn't feel free to post it here with your definition so I can check why it didn't get a note. Also, here notes are disabled by default which may have had something to do with you not getting enough notes.

Is that this option: 108771 ?
I mean hero notes are disabled by default, in this picture they are enabled. I never tried out the other options btw.
http://www.assaultware.com/img/intro-article/nc_hud_settings.png

spoutnic
04-13-2013, 03:40 PM
tx for support

I was just missing notes on myself; i really dont care. i thought since i was missing so many notes on me that it was affecting everybody else but i havent seen anyone else missing most nc notes like me.

As for the +20% notes missing, its not a fonctionnal problem for me. But still i let you know my findings.