PDA

View Full Version : Holdem manager notes... overwrites old notes?

speedyworm
04-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Hello..

i play on two computers i go back and forth and i was wondering if my HEM notes would overwrite each other... like say i have a note on XXXX player on Computer 1. and on computer 2 i already had YYYYY on that player. I take my note file from Computer 1 to Computer 2. would my computer 2 note become of that player become YYYYY and XXXXX ?

Or would it simply just overwrite my note and replace the YYYYY with XXXXX?

sorry if its hard to understand but take a bit of time to read it i'm sure it'l make sense to you! and if it does replace it... is there anyway i can transfer these notes without it being replaced and instead have it added onto my notes? so i can go back and forth between computers take notes and it'l add on overtime instead of replacing each other each time i transfer my notes? thanks!

fozzy71
04-08-2013, 06:58 PM
It will actually either ignore or append the note. What it does is it looks to see if the imported note is already part of the current note and if so it ignore. If not it will append to the existing note.

So ,if in the DB a player has a note "he is a fish" and then you try to import a note that simply says "fish" it will ignore it since "fish" is contained within "he is a fish". If the imported note said "fishy" then his new note would be

"he is a fish
fishy"

Note: The above is for HM1. HM2 only has a backup/restore process for player notes, instead of a export/import option like HM1, and HM2 will actually over-write the notes instead of append them.