PDA

View Full Version : Hud Wonky Since Setting Up PreFetch Hands

MacUser
12-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Yesterday I set up HEM to prefetch hands. That's working, but the HUD has developed a weird quirk.

Basically on some (not all) tables there is an extra set of HUD stats (presumably the player in my seat before me) partially overlaid on one of the usual sets. It seems to be on about 30% of tables. Eventually yesterday I just closed any tables that came up like that, and towards the end of the day it seemed to stop doing it so I forgot about my intention to post here about it.

This morning it's back again and seems a bit worse. It's more frequent, and the other people's stats are not lined up properly (yesterday I *thought* they were, with just an extra non-related stat set there). Also, one table just 'corrected itself' right now, which none of them did yesterday.

So obviously I'm assuming that it's something to do with the prefetch, putting up stats of the guy who was in the seat before me, but I'm confused by the inconsistency of the way it's happening and wondering if I can hide the stats of players no longer at the table?

morny
12-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Sounds like an old bug we used to have, Please install the latest version: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/HmBetaUpdate.exe and see if the problem persists

MacUser
12-07-2010, 10:05 PM
TY for the reply. I did update to the latest version, and unfortunately the problem is persisting. It doesn't happen at all tables, but when it does there is the extra set of stats and all the stats are in the wrong spot. It corrects itself after a hand or two. Any ideas?

netsrak
12-08-2010, 04:56 AM
Which Pokersite?
Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files(X86)\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). It may be just called holdemmanager if you've extenstions turned off.

MacUser
12-09-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm on pokerstars.

MacUser
12-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Second try at attaching file...

netsrak
12-10-2010, 05:28 AM
The configuration looks fine for me.

Some things to try:
- define Hero screen names under Hud options -> Setup Hero names
- Check your configured auto-import handhistory folders. They should all be empty except current hands. Delete all other files from this folders.
- Your additional hud filters look a little bit strange for me - can you try to reset them all to 2-10 for a test?

MacUser
12-10-2010, 05:16 PM
TY again for your help. Unfortunately none of the suggestions had any impact. I have noticed lately that the HUD sometimes displays mucked cards much longer than the prescribed time. This isn't really a problem, I just mention it because it seems to have started happening around the same time I noticed the stats problem, so I mention it on the off chance it's a helpful clue.

Anything else for me to try?

Sarek
12-11-2010, 05:49 AM
how many HUD configs you have?
if more than one - check they have different table size settings
or, better - create separate configs for every combination "room - table size - game type"
and in Default config change "Use for - Any site" to Dracula (because it no longer exists as a standalone room)

MacUser
12-12-2010, 03:41 AM
I have three configs, the default one is the main one and the one having the problems. The other two I only use for tourneys, which I play very infrequently, so it wouldn't be that distressing to just delete them. Should I just do that?

Sarek
12-12-2010, 07:37 AM
don't delete, just make more of them
1 room + 1 gametype + 1 tablesize for each
and check any of these combinations is not repeated in default config
set Dracula there instead of "any site"
use the default as a template only, not for play

MacUser
12-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Still no luck. I'm up for trying another suggestions, or does anyone there ever do teamviewer or whatever sessions, take a look around for what I might be missing? I really hope to be able to use prefetch as it's an important feature for me...

morny
12-14-2010, 02:00 AM
go to C:/Program Files/RVGSoftware/HoldemManager/Config folder and make a backup of prefs.xml and then close Holdem Manager and delete the original prefs.xml and restart HM and it should create a new default prefs.xml file, please test with that version and see if the problem persists?

If so maybe we can do a teamviewer session to troubleshoot the problem, please email me with a suitable time to do the session and also the timezone your in.
support@holdemmanager.com

MacUser
12-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Just to (hopefully) not mess it up...

There are three files in the config folder, the first one is just called prefs and the type is XML doc. The other two are called 'prefs.xml_1.04.13' and the type says '13 file' and 'prefs.xml_1.05.08' and the type is '08 file'. Do I need to concern myself with the other two at all?

Sarek
12-15-2010, 06:08 AM
this one
prefs.xml
all others are not the case

MacUser
12-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Just in case someone comes across this thread later, wanted to say that issue was eventually solved by completely uninstalling and reinstalling HEM.