PDA

View Full Version : Time zones

fredrik
11-07-2008, 01:19 PM
I would appreciate if you guys could make an effort to get Hold'em manager to handle time zones better. I know there's a "my day starts at" setting, but it doesn't work as it should, and it's pretty annoying.

I'm in Sweden, 6 hours ahead of server time, so I set "my day starts at" to 18:00. If I'm playing at say 0:30 A.M. (according to my clock) with the today filter active, I can see the hands I just played. I can't see them when it's set to 0:00. That's how it's supposed to work. Everything is fine until 18:00. If I click "refresh" after that, no hands at all show up, not even the ones I played after 18:00. That's not how it's supposed to work.

If I set "my day starts at" to 18:00, Hold'em manager should interpret that as "server time is 18:00 when my clock is 0:00" and use that information with all the filters, not just the "today" filter. If I use the "this month" filter, I should see all the hands that were played this month according to my clock. If I use the "between" filter to view hands played between 9:30 and 10:00, I should see all the hands that were played when the server clock was between 3:30 and 4:00.

morny
11-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Before i ask Roy about this can you confirm the situation exists with this version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

fredrik
11-08-2008, 02:21 AM
I have tried the beta now. As far as I can tell it behaves exactly the same. For example, when I choose to display hands between 7:00 and 11:00, the last hand I see was played at 10:59:53 in the server's time zone, not in mine. (I also verified that the upgrade didn't change my "my day starts at" setting).

By the way, I have another suggestion (that's less important): It would be nice if the minutes and seconds could be set to zero by default when I'm choosing a "before", "after" or "between" filter. Actually it would be an improvement if you removed the seconds completely. I don't think anyone would miss them.

morny
11-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Ok ive tested this with Beta 22 and its definetely working fine, ill need to do a teamviewer session to check into this as it should be working, can you verify that you have Beta 22 and email me to arrange a www.teamviewer.com session morny@holdemmanager.net

btw the between times is not effected by the time adjustments its based on the server time

fredrik
11-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Email sent. I would prefer if the between times were the times in my own time zone, but it doesn't matter much to me if that isn't changed. The important ones are the "today" and "this month" filters. I also think it's kind of weird that I have to choose "last 7 hours" to get the last hour.

fredrik
01-27-2009, 05:56 PM
I just want to ask, is this on the to do list, or have you decided that it isn't worth the effort? I'm running 1.07 now, and I still have to choose "last 8 hours" to see the last 2 hours. If it's after 18:00 and I use the "today" filter, none of the hands I played earlier in the day shows up. If I choose "Specific month: September" (for example), I can see hands played in October. (The last hand is timestamped 11:59, which means that I played it at 05:59 on October 1). So the "day starts at" setting is still useless. I think it would actually be better to remove it completely than to leave it like this.

(Edit: My first comment about the "specific month" filter was wrong, so I changed it. This one should be correct).

morny
01-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Its still on the todo list but i dont have an ETA on it at the moment