PDA

View Full Version : Hud "API"????

kabal
11-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Hi there.

I have developed a hand parser for a site not supported by Holdem Manager, to allow importing to HM, and thus getting the stats, etc, and would like to develop a "hud" (whether this will be overlayed over the poker client table or not is still up in the air).

are there any "API's", or stored procs for HM, where one could say "give me the configured hud stats for play_id X"

Thanks in advance

Mike chops
11-07-2008, 12:40 PM
So what's wrong with the HUD we have already :confused:

You coyuld just attach the HUD using the table finder under the Tables menu.

kabal
11-07-2008, 06:23 PM
I did attempt to do this.

I play a local site, Silver Sands, which uses custom software, and does not output HH's supported by HM. So what I have done is written a 3rd party app, that will take hand histories from this site, and then convert them into Full Tilt format hand histories.

The table finder then shows the unattached tables, but when I tried to drag the red pointer over the table, it doesnt do anything, besides give me the Window name, and the Owner.

So in the list it shows
Full Tilt - MyTableName

then after I drag the red finder onto the table I get
Window Title: MyTableName
Owner: GameClient.exe

I assume this is because HM's HUD does not support my poker client.

So I therefore want to extract the HUD data manually, and display it.

Thanks again

Mike chops
11-08-2008, 11:07 AM
The table finder should work with the other site. I can attach hands to internet explorer. I can't automatically attach the hands because the table name might not be in the same format as ftp.

If you really wanted to write a hud, you could look the importing\hud data folder and look at the hh and dat files in there.

kabal
11-08-2008, 06:28 PM
hi mike.

I wasnt quite sure on how to get the table finder working correctly, but I figured it out and it works great :D

thanks for the help

declann
07-01-2009, 12:04 AM
The table finder should work with the other site. I can attach hands to internet explorer. I can't automatically attach the hands because the table name might not be in the same format as ftp.

If you really wanted to write a hud, you could look the importing\hud data folder and look at the hh and dat files in there.
Please forgive me for bumping up a very old thread, but this is exactly what I'm interested in.

I want to make a hud that uses HEM stats. So the hud data folder is very interesting! Are the files in here created by the importer, or the hud process? I can't see any very quick way to get stat figures from the database using my viewer? I'm looking in the wrong places (new to postgresql and not exactly an expert at databases) or the initial stats are calculated from the bare hand rows at import time? (this is slow?)

There are A LOT of numbers in those .dat files, I've figured out the basic information, would you offer any tips to help me figure it all out? I probably need to get my hands very greasy.

Finally, out of interest, does the HEM hud actually make connections with the database, or does the hud data folder do that good of a job?

Any help appreciated :)