PDA

View Full Version : moving HUD outside the table

fish
07-21-2008, 11:58 PM
With the new version I cannot move the HUD outside the table anymore.

So the cards and the bets are hidden.

How can I play poker without seeing my cards and the bets?

There is no reason to keep the HUD completely inside the pokertable.

I play on IPoker - big tables.

morny
07-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Which version have you got?

nepundo
07-23-2008, 03:23 AM
Same here with versions 1.06.01d and 1.06.01e, playing in Pacific, Windows XP.

I move the stats outside the client area (right and left, and on the title bar) and they keep jumping back inside.

With a previous version I can't exactly remember (1.06?) I could move them but the stats wouldn't show outside the client area. For example, the upper row dissapeared "under" the title bar for the players at the top of the table.

Definitely the only version that allows me to move and see everything outside the client area is 1.05.09a, which you posted and I've reverted to.

Struve
07-23-2008, 08:40 PM
I have the same problem. I want to have the HUD on the outside of the tables. This was possible before but does not work good when I started to use version 1.06.01

When trying to move the HUD-data upwards it will move up but it gets clipped. And when I release the mouse button so will the HUD make a jump downwards.

It is possible to move the HUD downwards under the poker table (without the jump back) but it gets clipped when I move it too fare down.

See the picture where I have moved the data of gabriel_ down and how the stats gets clipped of.

http://docs.google.com/File?id=dgsj4gxh_33f2zrmfpz_b

I use windows XP and have tried on two different computers.

morny
07-24-2008, 11:52 AM
As you can see in the last screenshot in the newer versions you can move the panels outside the table but if you move them too far they will be cut off. If you cant move them outside the table window update to a newer version

Struve
07-24-2008, 06:35 PM
As you can see in the last screenshot in the newer versions you can move the panels outside the table but if you move them too far they will be cut off. If you cant move them outside the table window update to a newer version

But it was much better before (in the good old days) when it was possible to move the panels completely to the outside of the table :confused:

nepundo
07-25-2008, 08:55 AM

I just updated to version 1.06.01i with Table Manager 1.6.1h and still can't move the panels out of the window.

This is what happens while I try to move them if only a few pixels out of the window (it's not captured, but my mouse cursor is on the panel). It's not going outside at all, but rather being cut at the window border:

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7167/pacificmovinghq8.jpg

And this is what happens as soon as I release the mouse button. The panel jumps to that position inside the window:

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6465/pacificreleasedde8.jpg

Please tell me if I'm missing something, and if so my apologies in advance for wasting your time. But really, this works perfectly for me with Table Manager 1.5.9, which by the way is not working with HM 1.06.01i (it just crashes on startup, and I've had to revert to HM 1.06.01e)

Thanks.

morny
07-25-2008, 01:42 PM
A new system is in place which allows panels to be placed over 640pixels, the main reason is most of people having problems with space issues were mini tablers so where the table size exceeds this amount you wont be able to place stats outside the panel but on smaller tables they will be able to use the extra space if theyre table is smaller than 640pixels.

Is there any particular reason you want to place it outside the table even with all the unused space on the table?

nepundo
07-26-2008, 04:54 AM
Is there any particular reason you want to place it outside the table even with all the unused space on the table?

The reason is the players at the top of the table. With version 1.5.9 this is my layout:

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5094/pacific159kt3.jpg

Of course I can change it because there's space around the table, but this is most convenient and compact for me. Stats are not covering anything (cards, chips, etc) and I don't need to use multiple panels for each player. And I'm quite sure there are more people who appreciate being able to move the panels even out of big tables.

I saw in HM 1.06.01i something about those 640 pixels you say in "Table Preferences", tried to set it to 800 and nothing changed, although it could be something with having to reboot HM or something... Are we supposed to be allowed to change that "640 pixels" parameter?

zippo
07-26-2008, 06:58 AM
...And I'm quite sure there are more people who appreciate being able to move the panels even out of big tables.

+1

morny
07-26-2008, 10:58 AM
If your table is bigger than 640 pixels setting it bigger wont have any effect because 640 is the max

zippo
07-26-2008, 08:02 PM
If your table is bigger than 640 pixels setting it bigger wont have any effect because 640 is the max

Does that mean that you're not going to implement the behaviour we had before? I really loved the possibility to move the HUD outside of the window.

morny
07-26-2008, 08:28 PM
If your hud is smaller than 640 pixels yes you will be which is quite large tbh, people with bigger than that should have tons of space to put there stats

nepundo
07-26-2008, 09:54 PM
If your hud is smaller than 640 pixels yes you will be which is quite large tbh, people with bigger than that should have tons of space to put there stats

Well, as a software developer I'm quite sure that the previous behaviour was causing a lot of nasty problems to other people and that's why you changed it (otherwise I don't see any reason to change it), but as a user I see it just as a loss of functionality.

Thanks anyway. The product is still 9.9/10 for me.

xyu
07-27-2008, 12:18 PM
i've just updated for the first time since i bought hem and this issue is really tilting me. as soon as i finish this session i'm gonna try boot up the old patch cos this isn't usable, there isn't enough room for the top seat on my tables, i used to put the stats over the menubar.

i know you guys are working hard on improvements and the software in general is great, but i wouldn't have bought hem if i'd had known the hud was gonna be like this. PLEASE can you consider fixing this asap?

morny
07-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Ill put it forward for suggestion, the new design was done so the HUD performance could be increased and work better than the 1.09 version. Im struggling to see where this is a problem for big tables though because as you can see from the screenshots above there is tons of room to put the stats in lots of different positions without even coming close to obstructing anything. I play on ipoker mini view and manage to put 20 stats per panel witout even going outside any panels or using the title bar but maybe thats why i dont understand because i never use outside the borders.

I can understand mini tables having issues but now anyone playing on mini tables will have alot more overlap than they did in the last few versions and thats why it was changed this way so people with small tables and little room would get more overlap but we didnt expect large tables to have any problems with stats. Maybe if people can explain or show screenshots and explain how not having the overlap is awkward. PLEASE NOTE: This is with Version 1.06.01i as older versions didnt have as much overlap

xyu
07-27-2008, 04:08 PM
i have to obscure a few bits of info that i need for one player at a 6 max table (i just played a tourney with 10 per table and that was horrible), but not only that i have serious clutter now all over the table because i had to move stats from the old slots.

just letting me put stats on the menubar (or whatever its called, the bit that says the table name, stakes etc) would probably solve this problem. i'm probably gonna switch back to PT2 until this is fixed. if you need a screenshot i'll mail one to you, but i think its likely people would prefer the HUD as it was. believe me there is nowhere to move the stats now on the tables i play on.

morny
07-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Latest Version of Holdem Manager available is: 1.06.01i and is available here: http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdatex.exe are you using this version.

What site do you play on, ill have a look. Mike is away at the moment and when this new version was released hed hoped that would solve the problem but if its a case that there is no room for stats they may look at it again so if you can send screenshots or tell me the site and what no of tables you play ill check it out and let Mike know but im not sure of the technical stuff or he easy or difficult it is to change.

I havent played around with this much but you can try experimenting with the overhang option in Hud Options> Table Manager by increasing it and seeing if it increases your overhang outside the table.

nepundo
07-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Maybe if people can explain or show screenshots and explain how not having the overlap is awkward.

I think that as xyu is saying and I showed you in my screenshot most people have problems with the top players. Putting stats on the menubar comes in quite handy for those seats.

I think it would be nice if you made it configurable, even at the cost of some performance (which I for instance don't need, since my database is small and play only a few tables). A popup when changing that setting or just mentioning it in the help/FAQ should be enough to prevent people from setting it to 2048 pixels and then bitching about the performance when playing 18 tables.

Just a suggestion. Thanks anyway for considering it.

dvb000
07-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi Morny

I play ongame with the miniview and much prefer to be able to place the stats outside the table. I previously used 1.6.1h (i think) and have sikpped straight to 1.6.1i. Please can you let me know how to revert. The stat cut-off is seriously impeding my game

morny
07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
you can try experimenting with the overhang option in Hud Options> Table Manager by increasing it and seeing if it increases your overhang outside the table, did you try this dvb???

dvb000
07-31-2008, 03:11 AM
Thanks Morny. I increased it and am now able to position the stats where i like them! Error - Cannot vaidate (?) postprefs each time I try and save position

morny
07-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Just press Yes for that message, positions should be saved

SpaceyFCB
08-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Hello,
I have the ame probem and would love that I could post the stats outside the screen.
I've tried to increase the overhanging but that didn't work, I have version 1.06.01v

Greetings Kenny

morny
08-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Were looking into this V fixed this problem but not for everyone so well need to do more testing

Loki_98
08-20-2008, 12:07 PM
I also just updated to 1.06.01u2 and have the same problem (on Everest).

I increased the overhang to 6000 and no help, the tabs stay wholly within the mini-view tables I use.

Then I experimented a bit more and found if I put tables on my leftmost monitor (I use 2) it works as before.

The problem is only on the second (right) monitor, and even works there if you are near the left edge of screen. It looks like the problem comes at about 2000 pixels across from the 0,0 pixel on left monitor.

Maybe there is a hardcoded value somewhere restricting it like this?