PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal lines and spacing

SuperSized
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
So I figured out how to add horizontal lines to an HM1 HUD, but the spacing is wrong. After I add the horizontal line using this method http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/208381-horizontal-lines-hud.html, there is quite a large space to the next line of stats. How can I prevent this?

This is more like what I want.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/230801-how-do-i-make-horizontal-line.html

Patvs
04-01-2013, 10:14 PM
It's not possible in HM1 to improve the spacing.

Though, did you try to change the font size of the stat to "1"?
That's the only tweak you can make to the stat.

SuperSized
04-02-2013, 04:07 AM
Yes, I set the stat to font size 2 and the line feed below it to font size 2 as well

SuperSized
04-02-2013, 04:44 AM
The HUD is starting to look good :D

Still it would be nice to get rid of a little of that space above the text "PRE-FLOP".

fozzy71
04-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Nice looking HUD. Unfortunately there is only so much that can be done in HM1 and we won't be spending any developer time to improve the functionality of the HUD Options. If these same types of problems exist in HM2 it is something we would definitely write up for the developers to try and improve. If you don't mind sharing your HUD feel free to attach it here, or email it to support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread and your forum name, and we can see if there is any way to reduce that dead space in HM1 and we can import the HUD to HM2 to see if the same problem exists there.

SuperSized
04-02-2013, 12:46 PM
This is not my own work and is a port of the nice looking Polycarpus HUD made for PT3 Heads Up Poker HUDs | Heads Up Poker Videos and Instruction at HUSNG.com (http://www.husng.com/content/heads-up-poker-huds). I like the simplicity of it. I made several changes to suit the end-game of 6-max games rather than pure HUSNGs. Pop ups are not yet done and colours will very likely be a personal taste issue.

The short story is the HUD is not yet finished! :)

SuperSized
04-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Since this HUD is designed primarily for HU in 6-max games, when I test the HUD I find it too large. This is because unlike HUSNGS where the players are always opposite each other, leaving acres of space, in a 6 max game the villain can be seated right next to you. This places some constraints on the HUD size, which I hadn't considered. I will have to make this HUD somewhat more compact.

* Although the HUD can be somewhat arbitrarily placed away from the Hero and villain. It is still too large for my table though, so I will either have to get rid of some of the empty space, reduce font size (likely starting point) or drop some stats (also a good starting point). Stats like c-bet % and so forth really aren't that important given you are mostly quite short in these games. This would be more appropriate in a pop-up, although I don't use popups that much as half the time I grind with a Xbox controller :) *

I have a question for support. When I start positioning the secondary panels using ctrl and right-click hold, it starts moving panels associated to my normal 6-max HUD. How do I prevent this behaviour?

fozzy71
04-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately HM1 shares positions for all of it's HUDs (pospref.txt, pospref2.txt, pospref4.txt). HM2 stores the positions independently for each and every HUD Config but there is nothing that can be done to separate the positions in HM1.

SuperSized
04-02-2013, 04:57 PM
I guess I will probably give up on this project in it's current format. My 6-max HM1 HUD is split so that I can fit a lot of information around the player box w/o hiding the player name, stack size, dealer chip etc. I have a copy of HM2 but remain critical of it because a variety of issues, but most importantly it randomly pops up PS tables (impossible to stack and multi-table) and it also lacks the ability to auto-switch to the HU HUD, a very useful feature in HM1. I just don't have the time to switch HUDs, despite how easy it is to use the drop down box.

Most likely I will attempt to write a much more compact version that can go in more or less the same place as the main panel of my 6-max HUD

fozzy71
04-02-2013, 06:20 PM
I guess I will probably give up on this project in it's current format. My 6-max HM1 HUD is split so that I can fit a lot of information around the player box w/o hiding the player name, stack size, dealer chip etc. I have a copy of HM2 but remain critical of it because a variety of issues, but most importantly it randomly pops up PS tables (impossible to stack and multi-table)

This issue should be fixed in our next major release (not v7724) if all goes well for the developers/testers.

and it also lacks the ability to auto-switch to the HU HUD, a very useful feature in HM1. I just don't have the time to switch HUDs, despite how easy it is to use the drop down box. ..

I am not sure when this issue will be resolved but I believe you are already on that ticket to be notified automatically when it is eventually/finally resolved.