PDA

View Full Version : Problems installing PostgresSQL 8.3

Kev123
11-06-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi,

I`ve been trying to set up Holdem manager after purchasing it, however after 90mins I`ve not managed to get past the installing PostgresSQL stage.

I`ve followed the PostageSQL setup instructions & looked about for the answer to my problems but no luck.

When trying to install the PostgresSQL I was unable to use the following ;

account name : postgres
password : postgrespass

I got an error message ; Invalid username : logoin failure : unknown user name or bad password.

I changed the account name to my name just to see what would happen, and I got the message;

User xxxxxxx was not found , do you want to create account ? , I say yes

Now asks about password change, I say no.

The Initialize database cluster screen now appears;

I have tried entering postgrespass as password, & also changing superuser name to match account name I changed from before. But every time I get the following message;

Data directory error; If you have an exciting database with same major version number no need to cluster etc ?

I`m confused how I can get Holdem manager working as I don`t know how to get round this PostgresSQL problem ?

Please help if possible as I`ve searched & not found anything.

Thanks
Kev

Kev123
11-07-2008, 12:37 AM
To add to my problems, I now appear to have messed something up as my Pokertracker DB is no longer working.

Could someone from Holdem manager please help me get it set up as I`m no able to see any stats on players.

crt0120
11-07-2008, 02:30 AM
I had the same problem too.... and this work for me....

delete the user account
altogether - try something like:

net user /delete postgres

in a command prompt.

then redo the installation instructions....

THis work for me so good luck...

CRT

fabio
11-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Please email me at fabio@holdemmanager.net to arrange a teamviewer session