PDA

View Full Version : Cont Bet stats **in raised pots** << that doesn't make sense

domino66
11-28-2010, 06:45 PM
The definition of those HUD stats doesn't even make sense to me. There's a handful of them that are labeled "Continuation Bet.........*in a raised pot*"

Well that definition is redundant isn't it? Aren't *ALL* situations where there is a CB by definition in raised pots??

If so, seems like there's a dozen HUD stats you could remove to simplify everything...

domino66
11-29-2010, 04:10 AM
I don't know if this is related, but it may be indicative that some of the definitions aren't labeled correctly (or at least intuitively), or that Im misunderstanding something else:

What is the stat: Fold_CB_to_raise flop.

I mean: I think I know what it means, and the stats glossary (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/95/Stat+Definitions#continuationbet) more or less confirms it:

"Fold Flop CB Vs Raise How often they fold a flop continuation bet when they are faced with a raise"

BUT, what's making me think something doesn't add up is that I have 925 hands on this player, and the "sample size" for that statistic is ONLY 2(!) In other words, HEM's telling me that in 925 hands, only twice has he had a CB raised and been faced with a decision...that sounds way way too small a number to me...

Quick follow-up whie I have your attention: i Notice that SOMETIMES, there is a sample size number provided with the statistics (i.e. (2) in the example above), but sometimes there isn't....what is the threshold at which HEM decides that it doesn't need to give me sample size data...?

netsrak
11-29-2010, 04:39 AM
When the sample size becomes larger than 2 digits it is no longer displayed.

domino66
11-29-2010, 12:58 PM
When the sample size becomes larger than 2 digits it is no longer displayed.

got it, thanks.
Any comment on the OP? Isn't it true that a CB, by definition, can only occur in a raised pot?

If so, are those 2 stats duplicates?

netsrak
11-30-2010, 04:49 AM
The stats are a little bit different. We investigated it some days ago and updated the FAQ.

One is if the Cbettor is the original preflop raiser and the other is more general.

Ajax
12-31-2010, 07:56 PM
netsrak,

I have read the FAQ.

I have a question about this that hopefully you (since you recently investigated this) will be able to answer. Whenever a stat has the words "Raised Pot" in it, does that mean that the sat applies to when there was a single raise preflop but there was NOT a 3-bet preflop?

In other words:

"Flop Raised Pot CB" could also be called "Flop 2-Bet Pot CB"
"Fold to flop CB Raised Pot" could also be called "Fold to flop CB 2-Bet Pot"
"Flop Check raise as PFR Raised Pot" could also be called "Flop Check raise as PFR 2-Bet Pot"
etc.

Is this correct?

Ajax
01-02-2011, 08:35 PM
When the words "Raised Pot" are in the name of a stat, does it mean that there was exactly one preflop raise, and there was not a preflop 3-bet made by any player?

morny
01-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah there is generally 2 types .raisedPot and .3betPot, the raised pot is where there was 1 raise, the 3bet pot is where there was a 3bet+ preflop